Lady Pilot

Default 47' Cheoy Lee

http://www.cheoyleeassociation.com/offshore47.htm

I was wondering if this would be a good offshore sailing vessel. Does
anyone know about this boat? Where would be a good place to find one for
sale?

LP

JG

Well, probably. Depends on the condition of the boat.

Through a broker who knows what s/he's doing.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
http://www.cheoyleeassociation.com/offshore47.htm

I was wondering if this would be a good offshore sailing vessel. Does
anyone know about this boat? Where would be a good place to find one for
sale?

LP

Lady Pilot

"JG" wrote:
Well, probably. Depends on the condition of the boat.

Through a broker who knows what s/he's doing.

If it's in excellent condition, would it be worth $600,000 dollars?

LP (it has air conditioning, not to mention a full queen size bed)

Lady Pilot

"JR Gilbreath" wrote:
There is a 1987 in excellent shape for 219,000 in Ft Lauderdale.

Reeaaallllyyy? That would be a great deal! I could save $381,000.
I just love to save money...

If you can afford a 600,000 boat did I ever tell you I love you?
JR

No, I don't recall you ever saying that, but everyone does...
talk is cheap

LP

Lady Pilot wrote:
"JG" wrote:

Well, probably. Depends on the condition of the boat.

Through a broker who knows what s/he's doing.

If it's in excellent condition, would it be worth $600,000 dollars?

LP (it has air conditioning, not to mention a full queen size bed)

JG

How the hell should I know! What does "excellent condition" mean? Talk to
the people who own it and get an honest broker to help you. What a bunch of
nonsense. Ask and intelligent question for a change.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message

"JG" wrote:
Well, probably. Depends on the condition of the boat.

Through a broker who knows what s/he's doing.

If it's in excellent condition, would it be worth $600,000 dollars?

LP (it has air conditioning, not to mention a full queen size bed)

JG

My suggestion is not to go there.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

. ..

Lady Pilot wrote:
"JG" wrote:

Well, probably. Depends on the condition of the boat.

Through a broker who knows what s/he's doing.

If it's in excellent condition, would it be worth $600,000 dollars?

LP (it has air conditioning, not to mention a full queen size bed)

JG

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
talk is cheap

LP

That's not all that's cheap. Talk to Neal. On this subject he's an expert
when it comes to LP.

DSK

Lady Pilot wrote:
http://www.cheoyleeassociation.com/offshore47.htm

I was wondering if this would be a good offshore sailing vessel.

Try one and see. It depends on what characteristics you value for
offshore sailing. Personally I would prefer something a bit faster, more
weatherly, easier to handle, and more practical... particularly less
varnish.

... Does
anyone know about this boat?

Yep. We've had a number of friends with Cheoy Lee built boats, and IMHO
their build quality ranges widely. Some are not very good, hence the
common appellation "leaky teakies."

They built a numer of Peterson design medium-heavy center cockpit
cruising boat... probably their best for both build quality & practical
cruising.

A boat this type & size is going to cost at least $15K per year
(averaged over several years) to keep in decent condition... not
including what it costs to buy the thing.

... Where would be a good place to find one for
sale?

Ever hear of Yachtworld.com?
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1167741

Or if you'd followed up on the info from the web site you just gave a
link to, you'd find
http://www.drgeorgepc.com/CheoyLee47...reQuantro.html

Pretty boat. Did you see the thread on Luders designs a few weeks back?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Joe

A 47 Cheoy Lee is a fine vessel. You and the good captian would be very
happy sailing the 7 seas in a Cheoy Lee. The first boat I ever sailed
on was a 47 ft Cheoy Lee. 600K is a bit pricey you can find a much
better deal.

Joe