DSK

Lady Pilot wrote:
http://www.cheoyleeassociation.com/offshore47.htm

I was wondering if this would be a good offshore sailing vessel.

Try one and see. It depends on what characteristics you value for
offshore sailing. Personally I would prefer something a bit faster, more
weatherly, easier to handle, and more practical... particularly less
varnish.

... Does
anyone know about this boat?

Yep. We've had a number of friends with Cheoy Lee built boats, and IMHO
their build quality ranges widely. Some are not very good, hence the
common appellation "leaky teakies."

They built a numer of Peterson design medium-heavy center cockpit
cruising boat... probably their best for both build quality & practical
cruising.

A boat this type & size is going to cost at least $15K per year
(averaged over several years) to keep in decent condition... not
including what it costs to buy the thing.

... Where would be a good place to find one for
sale?

Ever hear of Yachtworld.com?
http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1167741

Or if you'd followed up on the info from the web site you just gave a
link to, you'd find
http://www.drgeorgepc.com/CheoyLee47...reQuantro.html

Pretty boat. Did you see the thread on Luders designs a few weeks back?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King