BoatBanter.com

-   -   Mainsail Covers (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/28728-mainsail-covers.html)

JR Gilbreath March 4th 05 01:01 PM

I don't think that the uv rays bouncing off of a boat structure is a
non-issue. One of the worst sunburns I ever got was "under" my chin
while sitting in the cockpit.
JR

wrote:
On 3 Mar 2005 14:41:52 -0800, "Joe" wrote:

Bob,

Your wrong, Sunbrella stops all UV no matter the color.

You're wrong three times so far. I'm Bill, different colors of sunbrella have
different levels of blocking/translucency, and sunbrella does not block ALL UV.

And the angle of reflection from wave varies great enough to be a
factor.

The amount of UV reflected off of a wave is negligible. The amount that might
then bounce off of some boat structure and strike the sail is a non-issue.

Get back to changing diaper, something you know about.

I haven't changed a diaper in about 20 years. You'll never get to change one,
because you are unable to reproduce. I consider that a blessing.

Schmoe

BB

Scott Vernon March 4th 05 01:41 PM

wrote

I haven't changed my diaper in about 20 years.

BBob

Ewwwwwwwww!

JR Gilbreath March 4th 05 03:08 PM

Bill. I know dammit. I did it without thinking.
JR

wrote:

On Fri, 04 Mar 2005 08:01:04 -0500, JR Gilbreath
wrote:

I don't think that the uv rays bouncing off of a boat structure is a
non-issue. One of the worst sunburns I ever got was "under" my chin
while sitting in the cockpit.
JR

Must you... Oh, nevermind!

BB

Thom Stewart March 4th 05 04:03 PM

Kate,

It is snap closure with zipper on mast. There is a velco section on the
end to make it a univeral fit to increase the lenght.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

JG March 4th 05 08:36 PM

Mooron is really into freebies, apparently.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

JG March 4th 05 09:55 PM

This is true. You can't call Mooron a prostitute. He's not smart enough.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message

"JG" wrote in message
Mooron is really into freebies, apparently.

Well, if Jon is charging by the inch, and you are giving it away for
free, it looks to me like Jon is a hell of a lot smarter than you.
This confirms what was pretty obvious all along.

BB

JG March 4th 05 10:37 PM

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
It's true.