Joe

Default Boatswain's Whistle

On a stormy night at sea yer rigging fails. Running rigging and blocks
are flying about like Gilligans monkeys on acid. Dumb you forgot your
knife but have your trusty Boatswains Whistle hanging around your neck.
The storms so loud you can not yell loud enough for anyone to hear.

Questions:

Your whistle can be heard by everyone, so you whistle out the following
calls to action.

1 Describe the call and duration to muster all Boatswains.

2. Describe the call and duration to Haul in the gear.

3. Describe the call and duration to let go the gear.

after you secure all gear adrift

4. Describe the whistle to carry on

you think something is banging the hull

5. Describe the whilstle to pipe down.

you think its not the hull but someone tap dancing forward.

6. Describe the call to stand still and stop all work.

Alls secure

7. Describe the call to supper.

Joe

Joe

What ? A little to salty?

Cant google it?

Bwahahahahah

Lubbers!

Joe

DSK

Joe wrote:
What ? A little to salty?

Cant google it?

Bwahahahahah

Lubbers!

I listened to bos'uns whistle for 8 years. And not because I wanted to
play pretend sailor. Go put some baggywrinkle on your bowsprit.

Do I remember all the signals? Heck no.

DSK

Joe

Do you remember any?
Have you ever piped over the 1MC

Joe

DSK

Joe wrote:
Do you remember any?

I remember 'TWEE-eee-EEET relieve the watch on deck' but that's about it.

Have you ever piped over the 1MC

Yep, but not very often. I stood relatively few quarterdeck watches
because I was an engineer. I was qualified in-port OOD, though.

Regards
Doug King, former BT1(SW)

Thom Stewart

Doug,

Thank you Doug. I can't remember many either. The one that sticks in my
mind is "Piping the Admiral aboard" and that really wouldn't help much
in rough going

Sorry Joe, but but it's 59 years since I've "Hopped to the Whistle"

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Joe

Not even close Tad.