Joe

Since no one here is Savy to the ol ways of the sea I will clue you in.

Questions:

Your whistle can be heard by everyone, so you whistle out the following

calls to action.

1 Describe the call and duration to muster all Boatswains.

high pitch - - - - - - - 7seconds

2. Describe the call and duration to Haul in the gear.

Low tone first second, then high tone for 3 more seconds

3. Describe the call and duration to let go the gear.

Low to high tone first second then a warble from high to low 2 seconds
end with a low warble for 3 seconds

after you secure all gear adrift

4. Describe the whistle to carry on

High first second drop to low second second end sharp.

you think something is banging the hull

5. Describe the whilstle to pipe down.

First 2 seconds high the a high trill 3 seconds droping to a low trill
4 second ending with a sharp high finish.

you think its not the hull but someone tap dancing forward.

6. Describe the call to stand still and stop all work.

8 seconds high tone

Alls secure

7. Describe the call to supper
Low to high to low over 5 seconds second space low to high to low or 5
seconds again 3 low tones spaced over 2 seconds low to high warble
endin in low three second long high tones finish with a warble high to
low.

For Tad:
http://www.kitefarm.com/whistlestore/Jul02_02.JPG

Joe

Lady Pilot

Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Tim, are you saying that Mysterry Mermaid is a birdbrain? Surely not...

LP
"Flying Tadpole" wrote:
http://www.thewhistleshop.com/catalo...e/american.htm

You're welcome.
Flying Tadpole

katysails wrote:
Wonder what whistle he blows to get Ms Tery on board?

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message

Doug,

Thank you Doug. I can't remember many either. The one that sticks in my
mind is "Piping the Admiral aboard" and that really wouldn't help much
in rough going

Sorry Joe, but but it's 59 years since I've "Hopped to the Whistle"

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage