Capt. Neal®

Default Coronado 27 vs Nordica 30

And the winner is . . . . Coronado 27 - better in almost every category.

Performance Comparison LOA
Nordica 30 29.49
Coronado 27 26.75

LWL
Nordica 30 25
Coronado 27 22

Beam
Nordica 30 9.77
Coronado 27 8.5

Displacement
Nordica 30 10220
Coronado 27 6250

Sail Area
Nordica 30 502
Coronado 27 302

Capsize Ratio
Nordica 30 1.8
Coronado 27 1.85

Hull Speed
Nordica 30 6.7
Coronado 27 6.29

Sail Area to Displacement
Nordica 30 17.06
Coronado 27 14.24

Displacement to LWL
Nordica 30 292
Coronado 27 262

LWL to Beam
Nordica 30 2.56
Coronado 27 2.59

Motion Comfort
Nordica 30 28.57
Coronado 27 23.66

Pounds/Inch
Nordica 30 873
Coronado 27 668
rgnmstr

"SA/D=14.24" No wonder the guy never leaves the mooring.

Capt. Neal®

The listed SA/Disp ratio is with 100% jib. I normally use a
13% genny in air up to 20 knots which makes the SA/Disp
ratio very much more respectable.

I hope this helps.

CN

"SA/D=14.24" No wonder the guy never leaves the mooring.

Jeff Morris

That's the way all boats list their SA/Disp. Numbers like that are
only meaningful if boats are measured the same way.

And why would you want a 13% Genoa? Mine is a 115. Please try to
like the jargon if you want to participate.

Capt. Neal® wrote:
The listed SA/Disp ratio is with 100% jib. I normally use a
13% genny in air up to 20 knots which makes the SA/Disp
ratio very much more respectable.
I hope this helps.

CN

"rgnmstr" wrote in message
ups.com...

"SA/D=14.24" No wonder the guy never leaves the mooring.

Maxprop

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

The listed SA/Disp ratio is with 100% jib. I normally use a
13% genny in air up to 20 knots which makes the SA/Disp
ratio very much more respectable.

Wouldn't that be a storm jib?

Max

Capt. Neal®

Typo, this keyboard needs to be pushed down hard to work and
I'm still not used to it. It should have read 130%, as if you idiots
didn't know it already.

CN

"Maxprop" wrote in message link.net...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

The listed SA/Disp ratio is with 100% jib. I normally use a
13% genny in air up to 20 knots which makes the SA/Disp
ratio very much more respectable.

Wouldn't that be a storm jib?

Max

Thom Stewart

Neal,

I hope you meant to say 113% Lapper? There is no such thing as a 13%
Genny, just like no such boat as a Gulf 30.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsPage

Maxprop

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

Typo, this keyboard needs to be pushed down hard to work and
I'm still not used to it. It should have read 130%, as if you idiots
didn't know it already.

You really should consider replacing that Commodore 56.

Max

HARKEN announces new high performance boom for Coronado 27 Simple Simon ASA 2 October 27th 03 06:35 AM
To see some well-kept Coronado 27 . . . Simple Simon ASA 3 October 27th 03 01:36 AM
removing old names? Mike ASA 73 July 27th 03 06:53 AM
Coronado Figures CANDChelp ASA 3 July 26th 03 03:24 AM
Another happy Coronado owner checks in. Simple Simon ASA 5 July 24th 03 09:03 PM