Lonny Bruce

Default Hey, even the Oz Army is into gun control.

And if it weren't for Bush's dad and other brave american young men, such as
my uncle, you would be speaking Japanese while working in a slave labor camp
right now. Australia has never had the ability to defend herself.

Lonny

OzOne wrote in message ...

It would be hilarious if it wasn't an indication of just how wrong the
Oz public was when it re elected Shrubs lapdog.
http://tinyurl.com/4fq62

"Army short of bullets
4:48 PM February 1

The Australian Army has overstated its capabilities and cannot provide
enough bullets or shells to train its soldiers, according to a report
by the Commonwealth auditor-general.

The report says the Army cannot supply enough ammunition for weapons
training and cannot meet course training requirements."

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

DSK

Lonny Bruce wrote:
And if it weren't for Bush's dad and other brave american young men, such as
my uncle, you would be speaking Japanese while working in a slave labor camp
right now. Australia has never had the ability to defend herself.

How did Bush Sr getting shot down help Australia?

OTOH at least he had the balls to go to war instead of huddling at the
O-Club like Jr.

BTW before you cast aspersions at the Australian military you might want
to consider a few facts
1- they are among our few close allies at the moment and
2- look up the history of ANZAC in both World Wars before making stupid
fantasy-historical statements.

Stick to making jokes about the French, OK?

DSK

Thom Stewart

Doug,

A little check of history would remind everyone that when the Japs
whipped our ass in the Philippines it was Australia that MacArthur ran
to. It was the Aussie Fighting men that were the first to stop the Japs
in WW2 in one of the bloodiest fight of the War. It was from that
victory with the Jap losses that started the Allies island hopping
Victory in the Pacific

Never sell the aussie fighting spirit short.

Ole Thom

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Thom Stewart

CM,

That's correct; the Japs ATTACKED us and we fixed their asses. We
invaded CASABLANCA.:^( We lost thousands of lives fighting delaying
action in the Pacific, while we saved Europe from Hitler.

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomsHomePage

Capt. Mooron

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
CM,

That's correct; the Japs ATTACKED us and we fixed their asses. We
invaded CASABLANCA.:^( We lost thousands of lives fighting delaying
action in the Pacific, while we saved Europe from Hitler.

Nobody is denying that fact Thom.... but Lonny's pretentious comment of
"until the US got involved" was ludricous.... it was in fact your war...
you were attacked and immediatly retaliated.

CM

Lonny Bruce

Australia, and all thoseSt Pacific and Asian countries are grateful
for the help the US gave, but get just a little peeved when Yanks want
to rewrite history.

I don't blame you, because that is not what happened. I never said it did.

However, the fact remains, and you admit it, that the likes of Bush's father
played a pivotal role in defeating the Japanese. In FACT it would not have
happened without them. That is my one and only point, and I appreciate you
finally admitting to it.

Lonny

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 13:48:53 GMT, "Lonny Bruce"
scribbled thusly:

And if it weren't for Bush's dad and other brave american young men, such
as
my uncle, you would be speaking Japanese while working in a slave labor
camp
right now. Australia has never had the ability to defend herself.

Lonny

Hey Lonny,
Do you know hao many times I've heard about how the Yanks won the war
both in the Pacific and Europe all by themselves?

Maybe you should read a little history instead of watching movies.
You might find out who helped you win the war in the Pacific, and
where the brave men who stood beside your uncle were from.

Australia, and all thoseSt Pacific and Asian countries are grateful
for the help the US gave, but get just a little peeved when Yanks want
to rewrite history.

BTW did you hear the one abou the Americans capturing the Enigma code
machine? They made a movie about it ya know.

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Capt. Mooron

Forget it... Loony Lonny is as dumb as a post of Softwood Lumber.

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 01 Feb 2005 20:31:02 GMT, "Lonny Bruce"
scribbled thusly:

Australia, and all thoseSt Pacific and Asian countries are grateful
for the help the US gave, but get just a little peeved when Yanks want
to rewrite history.

I don't blame you, because that is not what happened. I never said it
did.

However, the fact remains, and you admit it, that the likes of Bush's
father
played a pivotal role in defeating the Japanese. In FACT it would not
have
happened without them. That is my one and only point, and I appreciate
you
finally admitting to it.

Lonny

There you go again...."pivotal role"

Can you please get it thru your head that there were a whole bunch of
armies out there and that they all played a "pivotal role" in various
actions be it an Australian coast watcher, a lone New Zealand pilot, a
New Guinea native ,the American commander of a battle fleet, a Fijian
native or a Chinese.

You really DO need to read that history!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

DSK

Lonny Bruce wrote:
I am well versed in history, thank you very much.

You mean "history" as things that really happened on this planet, or
something else?

Are you trying to argue that Australia could have held off the Japanese in
WWII?

Bwhaaaaahaaaa Waaaaaa.

What an intelligent thing to say.

Talk about your basic fantasy statement. Japan was a world power and would
have EASILY taken over the entire Pacific Basin if not for the US getting
involved. After they accomplished that they would have been on the mainland
of the USA. Or at least tried to.

Sorry, but that is a fact.

Really? How long had the Japanese been bogged down in China? You think
they had the manpower for another huge invasion of an industrialized
state? Especially one with the backing of the rest of the British
Commonwealth?

Let me put it this way... with the U.S. in the Pacific War, the Japanese
had no chance. With the U.S. supplying technology & material to it's
opponents, the Japanese stood small chance... very small.

What I said (stick to making jokes about the French)

You may be a lot of things but "well versed in history" isn't one of them.

DSK

DSK

Lonny Bruce wrote:
However, the fact remains, and you admit it, that the likes of Bush's father
played a pivotal role in defeating the Japanese.

You have yet to explain how getting shot down played a pivotal role in
defeating the Japanese... maybe because they then had less bullets to
shoot at others?

DSK

Things that make me wonder... JimH General 5 October 22nd 04 05:14 AM
Just a few names... John Smith General 0 May 2nd 04 11:32 PM
The same people Simple Simon ASA 28 July 23rd 03 03:20 PM