JG

Default return from BVI

This was on the first day. When we went from Cooper to the Bitter End, the
wind increased to 15 kts, with a few white caps. Our boat speed was just
under 12 kts on a close haul for this leg, and we regularly saw boat speeds
in the 9 kts. range. The highest wind speed we saw was on the Cooper to BE
leg.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62992639MyjMme

What a nice vacation! There was rain, but it never seemed to rain on us.

The boat was pretty good... an Athena 38... pointed well, with the sweet
spot at about 45 degrees.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

DSK

JG wrote:
What a nice vacation! There was rain, but it never seemed to rain on us.

The boat was pretty good... an Athena 38... pointed well, with the sweet
spot at about 45 degrees.

Hey Jon- are you all in this picture?

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

DSK

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63218237PLrNIo

Hey Jon, are you all in this picture

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

JG

Wow... that's amazing. The cat we had didn't have the blue sail stack pack.
It really was a completely white cat. I believe we were just around the
corner to the left of the picture you posted. When were you there? I believe
we were there two nights...21st and 22nd.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"DSK" wrote in message
JG wrote:
What a nice vacation! There was rain, but it never seemed to rain on us.

The boat was pretty good... an Athena 38... pointed well, with the sweet
spot at about 45 degrees.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63218237PLrNIo

Hey Jon, are you all in this picture

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

DSK

JG wrote:
Wow... that's amazing. The cat we had didn't have the blue sail stack pack.
It really was a completely white cat. I believe we were just around the
corner to the left of the picture you posted. When were you there? I believe
we were there two nights...21st and 22nd.

Oh well, maybe our visits didn't overlap after all. We got there last
week Saturday and came home Friday.

The classic motorsailer just behind my head in this picture

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63187869zCbPyT

is also in one of your pictures. I didn't get to talk to them, they left
the next day. I was disappointed in the boats at anchor, not many
classics or out-of-the-ordinary... although this one is a beauty...

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...63163346Qqhstp

I didn't get to talk to her skipper either

I did get to talk to a lady driving a big steel center-cockpit sloop in
circles in reverse, right through our race course! She said it was
locked up, I explained that since she could apparently steer OK that
they should go ahead and anchor, then shut it down and work on the shift
linkage. Didn't restore my position in that race but it was a lot nicer
than what I started to say to them!

BTW for anybody who cycles thru all the pic in this album, my friend did
buy that J-24 at a pretty good price. I did win a few of the Laser races
but my wife and I did better racing the Hunter 216s (those plumb bowed
sloops at the moorings), won a bottle of champagne...

Jon it sounds like you had a great time. Who was the group that you went
with?

I enjoy staying at the BEYC more than chartering, you get to sail and/or
snorkel more, eat better, don't have to clean up or fight for a spot in
crowded anchorages!

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Maxprop

"DSK" wrote in message

The classic motorsailer just behind my head in this picture

You two sure have a lot of clothing on in this photo. Was it really that
cool?

Max

DSK

Maxprop wrote:
You two sure have a lot of clothing on in this photo.

Well, we've been married a few years now...

... Was it really that
cool?

Of course. Oh wait, you mean the temps... it was cloudy & cool when we
were there, highs in the low 70s (22 C) at most. Some of the nights got
into the 50s (14 C).

Personally, due to a lack of interest in becoming a skin cancer research
project, I always cover up in the tropics. That's why the long sleeves &
hat for Laser racing.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

JG

It was cool in the evenings. A couple of days it was in the mid-70s during
the day.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
k.net...

"DSK" wrote in message

The classic motorsailer just behind my head in this picture

You two sure have a lot of clothing on in this photo. Was it really that
cool?

Max

John Cairns

"JG" wrote in message
This was on the first day. When we went from Cooper to the Bitter End, the
wind increased to 15 kts, with a few white caps. Our boat speed was just
under 12 kts on a close haul for this leg, and we regularly saw boat
speeds in the 9 kts. range. The highest wind speed we saw was on the
Cooper to BE leg.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62992639MyjMme

What a nice vacation! There was rain, but it never seemed to rain on us.

The boat was pretty good... an Athena 38... pointed well, with the sweet
spot at about 45 degrees.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew. A cat. I still can't get over the look of cats. So, who
did you charter with?

John Cairns

Scott Vernon

Nice pics, Jon.

Scotty

"JG" wrote in message
This was on the first day. When we went from Cooper to the Bitter

End, the
wind increased to 15 kts, with a few white caps. Our boat speed was

just
under 12 kts on a close haul for this leg, and we regularly saw boat

speeds
in the 9 kts. range. The highest wind speed we saw was on the Cooper

to BE
leg.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/...62992639MyjMme

What a nice vacation! There was rain, but it never seemed to rain on

us.

The boat was pretty good... an Athena 38... pointed well, with the

sweet
spot at about 45 degrees.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Radar Return Anomaly. Richard P. Cruising 9 January 22nd 05 05:58 AM
What does MIT say about ionization and lightning?? JAXAshby ASA 70 August 25th 04 09:47 PM
Capt. Neal's return Joe ASA 3 June 17th 04 12:22 AM
Return My Fender Bobsprit ASA 0 November 30th 03 02:40 PM
Perkins 108-4 Fuel Return question Ken Coit Cruising 4 July 28th 03 08:33 PM