BoatBanter.com

-   -   Work horse gun for cruising (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/27364-work-horse-gun-cruising.html)

Capt. Neal® January 25th 05 09:00 PM

You favor a 44 because it matches your waist size, not to
mention your IQ.

I favor a 357 because it matches my IQ and 35.7 is close
to my waist size though slightly larger.

I'll take you on in a run and shoot with my 357 against
your 44 with pop up profile targets at medium range. I bet I
hit more vital areas than you, can reload faster and spend
far less money on ammo.

Only girly men use bigger weapons because they're lacking
in the genital department.

CN

"Overproof" wrote in message news:4dyJd.35774$Qb.5508@edtnps89...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message ...
.44 magnums will cause one to go deaf in short order.
Hope you wear ear plugs or ear muffs when shooting that cannon.

You seem frightened of the Big Scary BANG! ???

A .357 with a hot load packs more punch than a .44 mag with a
regular load. The muzzle velocity is so great that it has far more
range, too.

You'd better review your data Capt. ....it's faulty.
Look if you're too feeble and effeminate to handle a man's caliber... just say so!
Oh yeah... I guess that's basically what you said!

... and I bet you flinch at the trigger. Did they supply you with a purse for that .357 or did you have to buy a garter belt??

CM

.

"Overproof" wrote in message news:9CwJd.6968$Ob.3383@edtnps84...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message ...

"Overproof" wrote in message news:GguJd.32353$Qb.23495@edtnps89...
YUP!!

....2 shots from my 9mm Beretta fired over the approaching vessel's cabin caught their drunken attention!

That 9mm is a pussy gun... I hate semi-autos. I think the 9mm is a pansy caliber.... I sold the gun a week after I bought it
and learned to field strip it blindfolded. Give me a big caliber revolver anyday.

CM

Ya got that right, Matey! I'll take my Dan Wesson, .357, double-action, six-shooter with jacketed hollow points any day.
Alternate FMJ's for penetrating body armor and you have a man's weapon.

I disagree vehemently on your caliber choice Capt. I have always found the .375 to be a "Lady's Round" in the Magnum Family.....
Placed to appease the Sunday hen-piecked plinkers who needed a "mag" for the "lil'Lady"

The Dan Wesson .44 Mag or .445 Supermag is the way to go here I think. Magna-ported with the rifling twisting the grip into
your hand. The adjustable flash gap and double action with a shroud tensioning the barrel..... solid sights.... interchangeable
barrels allowing you to carry a 3"snub-nosed to a 10" barrel and can plonk rams at 200 meters on Silhouette..... straight out of
the damn box!

CM

bell January 25th 05 09:45 PM

Overproof wrote:
"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

"Overproof" wrote in message
[...]

I know what you're thinking punk. You're thinking did he fire six shots or
only five. And to tell you the truth I forgot myself in all this
excitement. But being this is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in
the world and will blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a
question. Do I feel lucky? Well do you, punk?

Dirty Harry

Horvath January 25th 05 11:36 PM

On 25 Jan 2005 11:11:14 -0800, "Joe" wrote
this crap:

I like a .22 cal. Raven with the serial number scratched off with a
dull nail. Can plonk a havalina at 5 yards and **** em off right from
the get go.

There ya go! My girlfriend has one just like it. She says it's a
real ladies gun. She uses .22 shorts, so there's no recoil. Is that
what you use?

Horvath January 25th 05 11:42 PM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:41:10 GMT, "Overproof"
wrote this crap:

"Horvath" wrote in message

41 Mag? Sounds pussy. And a waste of money. I prefer a 45, but I
also like to carry a .357 Python for a backup.

Bwahahahahahaaaa.... .375 Mag is the Lady's handgun of the Mag series.
Figures you'd like it.

Yeah right. I use 110 grain semi-jacketed hollow points. Not exactly
a ladies round.

Overproof January 26th 05 12:18 AM

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
You favor a 44 because it matches your waist size, not to
mention your IQ.

No... I use it because I believe it's better to be over-gunned than
under-gunned.

I favor a 357 because it matches my IQ and 35.7 is close
to my waist size though slightly larger.

You have a 36 inch waist??? You'd better start exercicing. I've got a 32
inch waist... but a 44" chest! I can concur on the IQ portion of the ....
point 357 though!

I'll take you on in a run and shoot with my 357 against
your 44 with pop up profile targets at medium range. I bet I
hit more vital areas than you, can reload faster and spend
far less money on ammo.

Let's see now..... I can out run you and easily out shoot you at any
range.... speedloaders don't give a **** about caliber and I load my own
bullets........ you lose on all counts.

Only girly men use bigger weapons because they're lacking
in the genital department.

Myth.... I use a bigger gun because I'm used to a larger grip!

Tell me... does your lady's gun match your purse?

CM

Overproof January 26th 05 12:28 AM

"Horvath" wrote in message
Yeah right. I use 110 grain semi-jacketed hollow points. Not exactly
a ladies round.

It is if it's fired out of a lady's gun ....... the probably dealer
noticed your breasts and took you to the Powder Puff Rack.

Plus the fact it's a single action .... right away marks it as a Gay Gun.

CM

Miss Mo'Lissa January 26th 05 06:35 AM

Oh. I thought the topic was "work horse gun for cruising". Which
implies we were talking about guns that are for utility purposes. I
have a shotgun for bears, I consider it to have a purpose, to fill a
need. I have a little .22 for birding, so it serves a purpose also.

A good shotgun is pretty much a necessity in the bush. Not because of
human predators, but because sometimes a bear just doesn't understand
shoo....because a nice wolf ruff will do wonders for a good parka....
because a Moose helps you eat thru the winter without buying the $4.99
a pound green hamburger!

So I was merely wondering why you would need a 'workhorse' gun, not
trying to offend your pistol packin' selves!

And so far I've haven't been shown a need for gun, unless it's a flare
gun or spear gun or a glue gun!

and, ah... this thread... ahem.... ah... no offense... but calling the
people in this thread 'normal' is a little stretch of the imagination,
wouldn't you say? After all, you, BC, Overproof and Capt. Kneel are
all involved in the conversation!

ducks

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 12:04:29 -0500, "Scott Vernon"
wrote:

Why is it when normal folk mention guns, the paranoid anti-gun nuts
ask why one ''needs'' a gun? Aren't we allowed to own things unless
they're absolutely ''needed''? Why do you need a computer? Do you
''NEED'' a sailboat?

Scott Vernon January 26th 05 04:10 PM

"Miss Mo'Lissa" wrote in message
Oh. I thought the topic was "work horse gun for cruising". Which
implies we were talking about guns that are for utility purposes.

The topic is rarely about the 'Subject Header' for more than 3 posts,
which implies you are a newbie.

have a shotgun for bears, I consider it to have a purpose, to fill a
need. I have a little .22 for birding, so it serves a purpose also.

What do load the shotgun with for bears? What birds do you shoot?

A good shotgun is pretty much a necessity in the bush.

And in the sticks.

So I was merely wondering why you would need a 'workhorse' gun, not
trying to offend your pistol packin' selves!

And so far I've haven't been shown a need for gun, unless it's a

flare
gun or spear gun or a glue gun!

And where exactly have you sailed so far?

and, ah... this thread... ahem.... ah... no offense... but calling

the
people in this thread 'normal' is a little stretch of the

imagination,
wouldn't you say? After all, you, BC, Overproof and Capt. Kneel are
all involved in the conversation!

And you.

ducks Shotgun or .22?

SV

Overproof January 26th 05 05:54 PM

"Miss Mo'Lissa" wrote in message
because a nice wolf ruff will do wonders for a good parka....

Wolverine is a much better choice....

CM