katysails

So you're suggesting everyone should have their own personal Neal for those
types od situations...think I'd rather be boarded...

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Does Neal carry a gun? He repulses everybody.

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Question?

Has any GUN CARRYING SAILOR ever repulsed a boarder?

Ole Thom

katysails

Paranoia....they think the pirates are gonna get them...actually, it depends
on where you sail...some places in the Caribbean (mostly down towards S.
America) and places in the Indian Ocean do have real pirate types tat will
board and kill you...not many in this group sail in those situations,
though, so just consider it manly posturing...

"Miss Mo'Lissa" wrote in message
Why would you need a gun for yachting?

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:31:47 GMT, "Bob Crantz"
wrote:

What is the best gun for yachting? The shotgun can blow large holes in
fiberglass, shoot flares but can be cumbersome. The pistol is easy to
handle
but must be of a large caliber to be effective. My favorite is the good
old
7.62 mm assault rifle. Great range, fire power and visibility - strikes
fear
into the enemy. They tend to get heavy with 40 round clips, but nothing
beats the feel of an old friend pressed against your shoulder and cheek,
the
smell of powder, the ring in the ears and of course the toasty warm barrel
with the odor of gun oil and solvents!

I personal recommend an HK 91, or a Springfield Armory M1A or M-14. With
40
rounds you are bound to hit something! Hoo-yah! Ah-men!!!

BC

katysails

You use Polident? Isn't there a West Marine store by you? Or you could
order 3M supplies onine....I realize that you can just shoplift Polident at
K-Mart, but for your own safety's sake, spend that little extra and make
your boat safe...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

"katysails" wrote in message
I find a glue gun works quite well....

That's pretty drastic. Ever try Polident?

CN

katysails

That's what comes from sailing in the Detroit area....

wrote this crap:

What is the best gun for yachting? The shotgun can blow large holes in
fiberglass, shoot flares but can be cumbersome. The pistol is easy to
handle
but must be of a large caliber to be effective. My favorite is the good
old
7.62 mm assault rifle. Great range, fire power and visibility - strikes
fear
into the enemy. They tend to get heavy with 40 round clips, but nothing
beats the feel of an old friend pressed against your shoulder and cheek,
the
smell of powder, the ring in the ears and of course the toasty warm barrel
with the odor of gun oil and solvents!

I personal recommend an HK 91, or a Springfield Armory M1A or M-14. With
40
rounds you are bound to hit something! Hoo-yah! Ah-men!!!

Waste of ammo. For close work, the Browning 9mm is good. I'm a Colt
.45 man, myself. The HK 91 is good, but the M1 or M14 are too heavy.
I don't favor an automatic rifle for close work. I prefer a pistol.
An advantage of a pistol is that it leaves you one hand free for
looting.

Bob Crantz

Good point. One hand free allows one to re ignite their cigar should it go
out for some reason. The 9 mm is an enemic round, suitable for use by women.
Try the 41 mag. Make certain you practice quite a bit.

wrote this crap:

[...]

jds

i think a shotgun is a pretty good choice. lots of choice in ammo selection.
i have an old street sweeper i keep on board. loaded with my favorite
homemade shells. very effective on tissue. also keep a 45. agree with crantz
on the 9mm. once shot an asshole 3 times with one. when they peeled his
clothes off at the hospital, one of the slugs fell on the floor. guy was
wearing a winter coat. last time i ever carried a 9. conditions on a boat
arent that great for accuracy long range. dont think a rifle would do you
much good. better to use close range stuff. hard to miss with a short
shotgun. wear a flack jacket. wont keep you from getting hit, but will buy
you a little time. flash bangs work well if you know where to get them. i
love the spray and pray guys. while shooting wildly with your 40 round clip,
someone with some training will install a 3rd eye in your ****ing head. best
thing to do is try to avoid the situation. if you cant, keep your cool and
kill everything you see. if youre good, and a little lucky, thats enough.
kind of new to sailing, but weapons and mayhem are something i know a little
bit about.

one more thing. there is no magic gun or bullet. carry what you can shoot. a
22 between the eyes is far better than a clean miss with a 44 mag.

jds

I like my 1911. The .45 has tremendous stopping power. I would not
trust my life to someone trying to board my boat. I am gearing up for
an around the world sail in a few years and have thought this over.
Remember ammo is cheap, life isn't.

Ironhorse, HSB#96, SENS BS
2001 Ultraclassic with Sidecar
96 Custom bucket of bolts (gone but not forgotten)

1911 is my personal carry piece also. hit hard, dont screw up if you keep em
clean. and ironhorse, it may surprise you to know just how cheap life really
is in some places. hope you never find out. fair winds

Bob Crantz

Excellent input from jds and Ironhorse. It's great to have people with real
experience to contribute. Keep up the good work!

Amen !

Bob Crantz

news