Capt.American

Default How many crew members is enough?

208 Haitians on 30-foot sailboat caught en route to U.S.

The Coast Guard has returned 208 Haitians to Port-au-Prince after
finding them jammed onto a "grossly overloaded" 30-foot sailboat that
apparently was in danger of capsizing.

A helicopter searching the Windward Passage, a route illegal migrants
take while going from Haiti to Florida, spotted the boat on Sunday.

After the Coast Guard cutter Vigorous arrived, two rescue boats were
sent to the Haitian vessel because 100 people were seen on the boat's
deck.

"The vessel was observed lolling -- making long, slow rolls --
indicating a stability-critical situation where capsizing was
possible," the Coast Guard said in a statement.

Crew members spent five hours transporting the Haitians to the cutter.
" In all, 159 men, 47 women and two children were rescued, all hungry
and thirsty and some seasick, but in otherwise good condition," the
Coast Guard said.

Overproof

Crap... that would be one heck of a wide 30 foot sailboat!
Let's see..... roughly 1.5 tons of people with a 2 foot square area per
person average.... ???

I know how loaded my 30 footer was with 22 people aboard...... I doubt I
could have held twice as many... never mind 10 times as many.

CM

"Capt.American" wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Joe

Scott Vernon wrote:
I wouldn't think it physically possible. Beside, why would anyone
want to come to this crummy country?

SV

I hear you Scotty, I bet I could not get more than 362 people on my
boat. And my holding tank is only 45 gallons, and what food do you
serve? Drinks for everyone ect... Seems like to much hassle.

Joe

"Overproof" wrote in message
[...]

Overproof

Well for one... you are now importing Alberta Beef!!!

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
I wouldn't think it physically possible. Beside, why would anyone
want to come to this crummy country?

John Deere

Scott Vernon wrote:

I wouldn't think it physically possible. Beside, why would anyone
want to come to this crummy country?

SV

No one's keeping you here, in the USA. Leave tomorrow. Please.

Capt. Neal®

Most Haitians haven't an ounce of body fat. You certainly cannot compare
them to the average, fat-assed Canadian or American.

The sloops they use are wooden and normally have internal ballast. This is all
tossed out so as many Haitians as possible can be carried. The average Haitian
probably weighs in at around 125 pounds wet.

In other words 200 Haitians = 100 Americans or about 75 Canadians.

CN

[...]

Scott Vernon

"John Deere" wrote in message
news:bHV0ZWZpc2s=.d91bf3a8f0febe2ebb293b5b29d8abdf @1105054264.nulluser
..com...
Scott Vernon wrote:

I wouldn't think it physically possible. Beside, why would anyone
want to come to this crummy country?

SV

No one's keeping you here, in the USA.

Yes they are, I have an electronic ankle bracelet.

SV