Scott Vernon

I wouldn't think it physically possible. Beside, why would anyone
want to come to this crummy country?

SV

"Overproof" wrote in message
Crap... that would be one heck of a wide 30 foot sailboat!
Let's see..... roughly 1.5 tons of people with a 2 foot square

area per
person average.... ???

I know how loaded my 30 footer was with 22 people aboard...... I

doubt I
could have held twice as many... never mind 10 times as many.

CM

"Capt.American" wrote in message
ups.com...
208 Haitians on 30-foot sailboat caught en route to U.S.

The Coast Guard has returned 208 Haitians to Port-au-Prince after
finding them jammed onto a "grossly overloaded" 30-foot sailboat

that
apparently was in danger of capsizing.

A helicopter searching the Windward Passage, a route illegal

migrants
take while going from Haiti to Florida, spotted the boat on

Sunday.

After the Coast Guard cutter Vigorous arrived, two rescue boats

were
sent to the Haitian vessel because 100 people were seen on the

boat's
deck.

"The vessel was observed lolling -- making long, slow rolls --
indicating a stability-critical situation where capsizing was
possible," the Coast Guard said in a statement.

Crew members spent five hours transporting the Haitians to the

cutter.
" In all, 159 men, 47 women and two children were rescued, all

hungry
and thirsty and some seasick, but in otherwise good condition,"

the
Coast Guard said.