Maxprop

"John Deere" wrote in message
Maxprop wrote:

Just returned from San Francisco and didn't see Mr. Ganz anywhere.

Did you stroll down Castro St. at bar-closing time? If not, you weren't
looking very hard for him.

Bingo.

Max

Horvath

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 22:08:26 -0000 (GMT), "John Deere"
wrote this crap:

Maxprop wrote:

Just returned from San Francisco and didn't see Mr. Ganz anywhere.

Did you stroll down Castro St. at bar-closing time? If not, you weren't
looking very hard for him.

He might have been working a street corner, and all you could see was
the back of his head.

Jonathan Ganz

Clearly, this is where Deere hangs out....

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Did you have a "relationship" with Deere when you were out here?

Well, I took a look at the Bay Model in Sausalito. Spent some time at my
brother's cabin in the Russian River area. Walked the beach at Jenner. Had
dim sum on Clement Street. Saw some friends I haven't seen in 18 years.
Attended a great NYE party. But never saw any deer(e).

Max

Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Was the bay model flowing or dry?

Flowing. My understanding is that it hasn't been used for research since
2000, but it still is fully operational for tourists. The hydrogeologists,
etc. now use computer models, which are more accurate, apparently.

Max

Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Last I was there, they were using it for research, so it must have
been pre-2000. It's definitely interesting.

One has to see it to believe it. Covers three acres under roof, and is
amazingly accurate, with respect to depths, contours, etc. Fascination
aside, I know far more about the Bay than I did before I saw the thing.

Max

Jonathan Ganz

In article et,
Maxprop wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Last I was there, they were using it for research, so it must have
been pre-2000. It's definitely interesting.

One has to see it to believe it. Covers three acres under roof, and is
amazingly accurate, with respect to depths, contours, etc. Fascination
aside, I know far more about the Bay than I did before I saw the thing.

It can make for some tricky sailing in some areas.