BoatBanter.com

-   -   I want to sail in Cabo! (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/26809-i-want-sail-cabo.html)

Miss Mo'Lissa January 3rd 05 03:28 AM

I want to sail in Cabo!

Hi, I'm an Alaskan who is managing to escape Nome February! A kind
friend bought me a ticket to Los Cabos Mexico.

SWF, 35, rides snowgo-s to her office job in the winter, lifeguards
once a weeks at the local pool and bartends on Friday night at the
sweetest little pub in Nome....

I got my bareboat certificate (ASA) in September, but to be honest
what the class taught me was that I have no business bareboating
without ALOT more experience! The class was actually my second time
on a sailboat, it was tough, I know nothing BUT I WANT TO LEARN!!!!!

Any suggestions? Chartering would be great but the companies I've
contacted were way over my budget.....I mean, I understand boats cost
money and would want to compensate, but I'm not really concerned about
being on a super fancy boat and having someone to cook me fru-fru
meals!

I just wanna play with the wind!!!!!!!

Miss Mo'Lissa
take out the *no_spam* in the email if you reply to my email addy!

JG January 3rd 05 04:45 AM

As you have probably discovered, bareboat chartering is not cheap, although
Mexico is typically less than elsewhere. You could take a change, get down
there, and see if you can hitch a ride with on one of the boats in either
the marina or anchored out. Perhaps you can talk someone into letting you go
for a day or two sail with them. If this was in October, you could
definitely get a ride on someone's boat during the Baja Ha Ha, which leaves
from San Francisco.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

JG January 3rd 05 04:49 AM

By plane?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Capt. Neal® January 3rd 05 11:07 PM

[...]

If you're a babe you will find plenty of sailors in Cabo willing
to take you for a ride and give you some lessons if you are willing
to give them a ride in return.

How's that old biker saying go? "Gas, grass or ass; no one rides for free."

CN

Miss Mo'Lissa January 6th 05 07:36 AM

Interesting. If I decide my desire is to be a biker whore instead of
a sailor, then I'll take your advice to heart......

(who is this dweeb?)

Thanks for your incredibly warm welcome and your words of
encouragement!

Horvath January 6th 05 12:08 PM

On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 00:01:38 -0800, "JG" wrote
this crap:

He's a sad loser who lives on a tiny boat. He has not much of a life outside
of harassing people, and spewing his hateful message. Mostly, he's pathetic.

You just described yourself.

And this is your first post this week without any gay references.
Congratulations, Jon-boy.

katysails January 6th 05 12:30 PM

Visit his website...it will enlighten you...other than that you can either
retort, PLONK, or ignore him. He will most likely not ignore you, though.
Anything that is a close genetic match to female interests him.

Capt. Neal® January 6th 05 02:28 PM

You claim you tend bar in Nome, one of the roughest towns
in the USA, and full of rednecks and then you come on this
newsgroup acting like some sweet innocent who hasn't
heard the old biker saying? C'mon, gimme a break, girl!

Don't make me laugh. You're just another sock puppet.
No one who tends bar for more than two days can be
so naive.

CN