Bart Senior

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR 2005

Happy New Year!

I'm happy to report I am still alive and made it through
2004. I wish you all a Happy New Year and bid you
make 2005 your best year yet.

While hauling ECHO and shrink wrapping her, I noticed
I was very short of breath. A visit to the doctor revealed
an irregularity with my heart. I underwent a cardiogram,
angioplasty, and stent emplacement on the 23rd and was
released on Christmas Day.

Four hours on the table, when typical operations are one
hour is not a happy feeling. I was really depressed about it
until I learned Peter, my German sailing buddy, had a few
stents installed last year. He is in good shape and a few
years younger than I. Funny how that made me feel better!
In any event the operation seems have gone OK, and I'm
feeling better.

While in the hospital it occurred to me that in the 1 in 1000
chance that I kicked off, my biggest regret would be not saying
farewell to my many newsgroup friends. Participating in this
group has been one of the most worthwhile things I've done
in my life. I treasure the many friendships I've made here.

Bart Senior

Thom Stewart

Welcome to the Stent Club Bart;

I had mine done three years ago. Was a great improvement in my life. The
was in a life that had already used up 76 yrs
Doctor put me on a twice a year chk up, mostly because of my age and a
life time of high blood pressure but it has never been a problem. One
Aspirin a day since the operation. Hasn't affected sailing at all.

Like to second your thoughts on ASA. I have to admit the bunch of Bums
mean A LOT to me too

Happy New Year to you and to all our friends.

Ole Thom

Joe

Damn Bart, Sorry to hear you had to deal with that.

I'm thinking of going ahead and getting stents now while I'm in better
shape to handle the recovery. No since in putting things off ;0)
Glad your back, now hit the jogging trail, or get a row boat.

Joe

Capt. Neal®

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure I always say.

There is no reason a man should ever have to have stents installed
in his arteries other than he is too fat and lazy and does not eat
right and exercise.

It's one thing when you get real old and the arteries tend to
close as a product of aging but when you're relative young
in your forties shame on you for not taking care of yourself
to begin with.

CN

"Joe" wrote in message oups.com...
Damn Bart, Sorry to hear you had to deal with that.

I'm thinking of going ahead and getting stents now while I'm in better
shape to handle the recovery. No since in putting things off ;0)
Glad your back, now hit the jogging trail, or get a row boat.

Joe

Lady Pilot

"Scout" wrote:
hehehe, this relationship is shaping up nicely!

How would you know? ;-)

LP

DSK

Bart Senior wrote:
Happy New Year!

I'm happy to report I am still alive and made it through
2004. I wish you all a Happy New Year and bid you
make 2005 your best year yet.

Thank you, and my wife and I send you our best wishes in return!

While in the hospital it occurred to me that in the 1 in 1000
chance that I kicked off, my biggest regret would be not saying
farewell to my many newsgroup friends. Participating in this
group has been one of the most worthwhile things I've done
in my life. I treasure the many friendships I've made here.

Man, they must have been giving you some pretty good drugs in the
hospital. Odds are better than what you suggest, but are affected most
by things that people rarely worry about. For example, hospital acquired
staff infections kill many.

There are also many misconceptions about cardiac care. I hope you have a
speedy & complete recovery, but ignore any advice and comment from
anybody who is not either a rep of the AHA or one of *your* doctors...
hanging around doctors at the sailing club doesn't count!

Regards
Doug King

Captain Dmytro Biriukovych is The Ukrainian Observer's Man of the Year. Chris Brady Tall Ships 1 January 15th 04 10:47 AM
Happy New Year boatmoon General 0 January 12th 04 11:26 PM
Will anyone have a job? Harry Krause General 21 January 12th 04 01:23 PM
Happy New Year to the REAL Bobsprit. Simple Simon ASA 0 December 31st 03 10:10 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM