Bart Senior

Default HAPPY NEW YEAR 2005

Happy New Year!

I'm happy to report I am still alive and made it through
2004. I wish you all a Happy New Year and bid you
make 2005 your best year yet.

While hauling ECHO and shrink wrapping her, I noticed
I was very short of breath. A visit to the doctor revealed
an irregularity with my heart. I underwent a cardiogram,
angioplasty, and stent emplacement on the 23rd and was
released on Christmas Day.

Four hours on the table, when typical operations are one
hour is not a happy feeling. I was really depressed about it
until I learned Peter, my German sailing buddy, had a few
stents installed last year. He is in good shape and a few
years younger than I. Funny how that made me feel better!
In any event the operation seems have gone OK, and I'm
feeling better.

While in the hospital it occurred to me that in the 1 in 1000
chance that I kicked off, my biggest regret would be not saying
farewell to my many newsgroup friends. Participating in this
group has been one of the most worthwhile things I've done
in my life. I treasure the many friendships I've made here.

Bart Senior

Scout

"Bart Senior" wrote
While hauling ECHO and shrink wrapping her, I noticed
I was very short of breath. A visit to the doctor revealed
an irregularity with my heart. I underwent a cardiogram,
angioplasty, and stent emplacement on the 23rd and was
released on Christmas Day.

Good for you Bart. I spent a week in Coronary Care once myself, only to find
out my shortness of breath was due to asthma. My heart checked out ok, but
the experience was unsettling nonetheless.

I've always done strength training but I began to focus more on cardio after
that. I've tried many machines both at home and in gyms, and the one I like
best (at least at home) is the Gazelle. In addition to cardio, it offers a
great low impact leg workout, does lower abs, and with a slight lean forward
or backward, gives a great upper body strength workout.
http://www.tonylittle.com/SearchResu...?CategoryID=31

btw - if I ever checked out unexpectedly, I'll leave it up to Scotty, and
possibly Katy, to figure it out.
and another btw - like you, I also appreciate the many charms and
personalities of this group.
Scout

Scout

"Bob Crantz" wrote
Best indoor aerobic exercise device in the world:
https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/display/1857/0/

I've done many 100+ miles bicycle trips.
Sadly, I had to give it up at the request of my prostate gland.
Scout

Bob Crantz

Have you tried those new split seats? Nothing in the world tops that feeling
you get a few hours into a good ride when you're cruising. It's like the
earth stops turning. If you try the seat I hope it works.

Amen!

BC
"Scout" wrote in message
"Bob Crantz" wrote
Best indoor aerobic exercise device in the world:
https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/display/1857/0/

I've done many 100+ miles bicycle trips.
Sadly, I had to give it up at the request of my prostate gland.
Scout

Bob Crantz

http://www.spongywonder.com/bikeseatfacts.html

Scout

Thanks, but yes, I did try the split seat ( I think it was called a twin-pop
or something like that). Unfortunately I still had a problem.
I used to ride 25 miles/day and loved it. I still have my motorcycle, but
reluctantly, had to give up on the bicycle.
Scout

hlink.net...

"Scout" wrote in message
"Bob Crantz" wrote
Best indoor aerobic exercise device in the world:
https://shop.sunrisecyclery.com/display/1857/0/

I've done many 100+ miles bicycle trips.
Sadly, I had to give it up at the request of my prostate gland.
Scout

Scout

these look like they'd be worth a try
Scout

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
hlink.net...
http://www.spongywonder.com/bikeseatfacts.html

Thom Stewart

Welcome to the Stent Club Bart;

I had mine done three years ago. Was a great improvement in my life. The
was in a life that had already used up 76 yrs
Doctor put me on a twice a year chk up, mostly because of my age and a
life time of high blood pressure but it has never been a problem. One
Aspirin a day since the operation. Hasn't affected sailing at all.

Like to second your thoughts on ASA. I have to admit the bunch of Bums
mean A LOT to me too

Happy New Year to you and to all our friends.

Ole Thom

Scout

Thanks Katy ;o)
Scout

"katysails" wrote
Don't you be talking like that! Neither of you is going anywhere for a
long time!

Captain Dmytro Biriukovych is The Ukrainian Observer's Man of the Year. Chris Brady Tall Ships 1 January 15th 04 10:47 AM
Happy New Year boatmoon General 0 January 12th 04 11:26 PM
Will anyone have a job? Harry Krause General 21 January 12th 04 01:23 PM
Happy New Year to the REAL Bobsprit. Simple Simon ASA 0 December 31st 03 10:10 PM
Bush Resume Bobsprit ASA 21 September 14th 03 11:22 PM