BoatBanter.com

-   -   Pic for Neal (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/26186-pic-neal.html)

Overproof December 15th 04 03:40 AM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
You will cause permanent damage to the young lad's eyesight if you take
too
many photos like that.

Ahhh...another expert!!!
1) the flash is not pointed at him. It's wireless and out of his eyeline.
2) The room is bright (200 watts overhead), but he just had his eyes
closed.
The D70 is so damn fast, I got him just as he spotted the lens of the
camera.

Seriously Bob... how do you find that Nikon? I'm looking at buying a new
camera.

CM

Overproof December 15th 04 03:42 AM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
HA! Lots of people much older than Thomas like to watch the little blue
light of a welder.

Don't be silly. There is no way Suzanne is going to stop her welding with
little Thomas in the same room.

Mig Welding is she?

CM

Overproof December 15th 04 03:44 AM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
RB

Don't use the flash closeup Bubbles.

It wasn't. It's an SB800 flash, wireless, and fired by the D70 in
commander
mode.

That has the Anti Red Eye Mode ?

CM

Overproof December 15th 04 04:15 AM

"John Cairns" wrote in message
But if they blind the little tyke, Bob can take him to his favorite place
of worship and through the power of Jesus, heal him by the laying on of
hands, and use the story to convert all of the hellbound folks here! Now
why didn't you think of that? I think Satan's sneaking into your mind,
pray for your soul, REPENT!!! Get right with the Lord!

Praise the Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Mackeral John... you almost had me converted with that last speil!.....

CM

Bobsprit December 15th 04 04:20 AM

Seriously Bob... how do you find that Nikon? I'm looking at buying a new
camera.

Actually, it's quite nice. It's rather large. I find the auto focus system
amazing and manual is also there. Pics are quite sharp with the 18-70 kit lens
and sharper still with primes. I think a lot of people could be very happy with
the kit lens alone. D70 works best out of the auto modes. Viewfinder is not the
brightest, but just fine. There is no vertical grip available. Your old Nikon
lenses will work, but may be manual only...no big deal. ISO performance is very
good...this was taken at ISO 500.

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/water444.jpg

I really can't say enough good things about the D70. Even the metering is well
done. No shutter lag. Great raw mode and so on. Quite a deal. There is also the
more expensive Canon 20D, with 8mp, but I prefer the D70. The Canon's Cmos
sensor is probably superior when used correctly, but the Canon's kit lens isn't
great.
Feel free to ask more questions....oh, the D70's inherent FL mag is 1.5, so a
50mm lens becomes a 75mm.

RB

Bobsprit December 15th 04 04:40 AM

I'm havin' fun... hope you are as well....

Easy there, ole buddy. You know I'm having fun. BTW, I don't know if a D70 is a
great camera for use aboard. I'd go with a good small P&S, like my little
Pentax Optio. Dispite it's small size, it took this pic (5MP)......

http://members.aol.com/bobsprit/images/sendbaby2.jpg

Again, the Optio is smaller than a credit card. Sells here for 315.00 and
there's even an underwater housing available for it!

RB

Bobsprit December 15th 04 04:43 AM

My D70 came with neither.

Stop it already Bob... you are sounding more ridiculous with every post!

Mooron, you don't even know what ships with what. You have an F4!!! What
software shipped with it???

Bwahahahahahaha!

RB

Bobsprit December 15th 04 04:45 AM

Paintshop for that stuff, which I prefer for some pics. Red-eye fix is
fine for
4X6 though.

Paintshop.... Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!! Idiot!

If you have a 3D pen & tablet and actually have color spotone experience,
paintshop works fine.

RB

Bobsprit December 15th 04 05:05 AM

Here's a hint... if you had the full version... why would yu use
Nikon-View???

Mooron, I feel bad for you. At each turn you get exposed.
Here's a newsflash. Photoshop CS, PSLE and Elements 3.0 CAN'T READ the NIKON
NEF RAW files without the plugin that downloads with NIKON VIEW. Period.

SLABAMMMMMMM!!! BWAHAHAHAHA! CRUNCH!!!!! OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!

RB

Overproof December 15th 04 04:27 PM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Paintshop for that stuff, which I prefer for some pics. Red-eye fix is
fine for
4X6 though.

Paintshop.... Bwahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!! Idiot!

If you have a 3D pen & tablet and actually have color spotone experience,
paintshop works fine.

Pen and tablet??? where do you get these lame ideas.... that stuff is 10
years old.
Spotone.... you mean the industry standard of Pantone?

A photo edit suite provided with every camera software works on red-eye
Bob... it's for people who don't know how to take a picture properly.

CM