Default She's a sheelback in record time

In the heat of the night, Ellen MacArthur set a new record of eight
days, 18 hours, 20 minutes for sailing solo from Ushant to the Equator
yesterday. She steered her 75ft trimaran B&Q into the southern
hemisphere at 02.30 GMT to beat the previous record by some 14 hours,
but this is only the first stage of her attempt to beat the man who set
the previous record, Francis Joyon, who went on to knock 20 days off
the old record for sailing solo round the world.

Her lead keeps growing....but she still has 20,000 plus miles to go.
Joe

Bob Crantz

Right you are. The good Lord designed women to please men, bear and raise
children. Why over 75% of their bodies are dedicated to this purpose. An
overwhelming portion of their brain power goes into keeping that vast array
of ducts and tubing functioning and also combating hormonal surges. If God
threw in the extras such as understanding things mechanical, why their
brains would overheat and they would become bald. Bald women do not please
men. It's all in God's big plan! Amen!

Bob Crantz

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
She'll capsize. Women don't understand the physics of complex
machines.

CN

wrote in message

oups.com...

In the heat of the night, Ellen MacArthur set a new record of eight
days, 18 hours, 20 minutes for sailing solo from Ushant to the Equator
yesterday. She steered her 75ft trimaran B&Q into the southern
hemisphere at 02.30 GMT to beat the previous record by some 14 hours,
but this is only the first stage of her attempt to beat the man who set
the previous record, Francis Joyon, who went on to knock 20 days off
the old record for sailing solo round the world.

Her lead keeps growing....but she still has 20,000 plus miles to go.
Joe

Lady Pilot

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:
She'll capsize. Women don't understand the physics of complex
machines.

Really? Bwawhawhawhaaaaaaaa!

Don't put all women in the same boat, er sailboat...

LP

Capt. Neal®

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message newsDNtd.89287$EZ.63590@okepread07...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:
She'll capsize. Women don't understand the physics of complex
machines.

Really? Bwawhawhawhaaaaaaaa!

Don't put all women in the same boat, er sailboat...

LP

There are always exceptions.

I was thinking of asking you some questions about the aircraft you
fly. I was reading where the copilot who crashed the airbus up in
Queens several years ago crashed it because he was too heavy-
handed on the tail controls and actually caused some of the
tail or control surfaces to break off. I was wondering if you
or the average pilot has a mental picture of what's going on
when controls are worked.

Do you know for example what actuates the flaps and have
you taken the time to work with a mechanic so as to familiarize
yourself with the equipment you fly?

It seems strange that a pilot could break an aircraft by being
heavy handed. This tells me that particular pilot did not have
a clue as to the machine he was operating.

Comments . . .

CN

Capt. Neal®

wrote in message ...
not have
a clue as to the machine he was operating.

Comments . . .

CN

Now we know how your boom broke in half! You're a woman!

BB

PLONK!
Lady Pilot

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:

"Lady Pilot" wrote:

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:
[...]

You ask a very complicated question, Captain. I don't really know how I
can explain this in "sailing" terms.

It would take me hours to express all sides of the incident, but to make a
short summary, the engineers knew of this danger, and somehow it didn't get
down to the "pilot in command".

If you buy me dinner, I would be happy to elaborate freely on this subject.
After all, I wouldn't want to bore the gay sailor's in this newgroup about
something they have no clue about...

LP

Lady Pilot

OzOne wrote:
On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 20:20:41 -0500, Capt. Neal® scribbled thusly:

It seems strange that a pilot could break an aircraft by being
heavy handed. This tells me that particular pilot did not have
a clue as to the machine he was operating.

Comments . . .

CN

Very strange indeed considering the forces exerted by nature on an
airframe.
Stinks of payoff to me.

Sinister, indeed. But not what you think it is...

LP

Capt. Neal®

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message news:yiRtd.89471$EZ.72146@okepread07...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:

"Lady Pilot" wrote:

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:
[...]

Dear LP

A most excellent idea! I'll be my pleasure to buy you dinner and
cocktails while you educate me as to the ins and outs of empennage
design and construction. It's not often a man gets to enjoy the
company of a beautiful lady who is also highly intelligent and
versed in things mechanical.

CN

Bwahaha! Bye Bye Bushy! Bobsprit ASA 1 June 18th 04 10:37 PM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Spare Time Strategies? YourPreciousTime General 0 August 29th 03 03:08 PM