Overproof

Well Scout... while I can concur with your opinion of the original works....
this movie has nothing to do with accurate documentation of several
novels..... it has however all to do with action adventure and fantasy! As
such it succeeded as far as I'm concerned.

One must Relax and learn to enjoy the voyage.....

CM

"Scout" wrote in message
too true Bob,
there are too many people out there who don't know that 'Frankenstein' and
'The Raven' are two of the most beautiful love stories ever written.
Scout

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Chronicles of Riddick was pretty good but not as
good as Van Helsing.

No wonder literature and reading are dying when people think Van Helsing
is a
good movie.

Capt RB

Capt. Neal®

Bobsprit is as confused about movies as he is about
sailboats and sailing.

It is apparent from his posts that he confuses the
novels movies are loosely inspired by with the
movie itself. Booby seems offended when a
movie is anything more or less than a duplicate
of the novel.

I can understand why he is confused about this.
He has no imagination. He cannot enjoy theatre
of the mind. A novel is theatre of the mind while
a movie is theatre of some dweeb director's
mindless interpretation of a book.

Booby knows not the difference between the two.

CN
"Overproof" wrote in message news:Lapsd.229838$df2.178821@edtnps89...

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Chronicles of Riddick was pretty good but not as
good as Van Helsing.

No wonder literature and reading are dying when people think Van Helsing
is a
good movie.

It's obvious ...as I've stated before.... that you have no taste... other
than that which keeps you forever at the level of a pretentious critic with
no comprehension of the subject discussed!

CM

Overproof

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Puh-lease don't even suggest that Van Helsing pays any respect to the
literary
sources. They are cartoons for those whose minds operate like cartoons.

Oh My..... next you'll be cavorting through the halls of your local art
gallery... giving long winded, erroneous opinions on the meaning of each
piece displayed!

CM

Scout

Yeah but we're overloaded with vampire fantasies. From Buffy to the
vampire.flonk.flonk assholes.
Take a look: http://www.netaxs.com/~elmo/vamp-mov.html
They've lost their charm in my book. Where will it all end?
Scout

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Chronicles of Riddick was pretty good but not as
good as Van Helsing.

No wonder literature and reading are dying when people think Van Helsing
is a
good movie.

Capt RB

Jonathan Ganz

But you're confused about your sexual orientation. That's much worse.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Chronicles of Riddick was pretty good but not as
good as Van Helsing.

No wonder literature and reading are dying when people think Van
Helsing
is a
good movie.

It's obvious ...as I've stated before.... that you have no taste...
other
than that which keeps you forever at the level of a pretentious critic
with
no comprehension of the subject discussed!

CM

gonefishiing

so according to you all movies are based on books.
you really don't know or understand film, and apparently have no
comprehension what great film is about.
have you ever seen a film of kurasawa, de sica.............oh heck, let's
keep it simple: fellini?

gf.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Chronicles of Riddick was pretty good but not as
good as Van Helsing.

No wonder literature and reading are dying when people think Van
Helsing
is a
good movie.

It's obvious ...as I've stated before.... that you have no taste...
other
than that which keeps you forever at the level of a pretentious critic
with
no comprehension of the subject discussed!

CM

Capt. Neal®

Oh, hush. Get informed as to the contents of a thread before
jumping in and opening your ignorant snaggle-toothed yap.

The thread is about Dracula which is based on the novel by
Brahm Stoker.

CN

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Chronicles of Riddick was pretty good but not as
good as Van Helsing.

No wonder literature and reading are dying when people think Van
Helsing
is a
good movie.

It's obvious ...as I've stated before.... that you have no taste...
other
than that which keeps you forever at the level of a pretentious critic
with
no comprehension of the subject discussed!

CM

Bobsprit

have you ever seen a film of kurasawa, de sica.............oh heck, let's
keep it simple: fellini?

I've seen all of Kurawsawa's work on the big screen, and some restored cuts
you've never seen.
As for great film being based on literature, yes, most is. Literature and
written story structure, later adapted for film, existed long before.

Next?

RB
Bobsprit

The thread is about Dracula which is based on the novel by
Brahm Stoker.

And Van Helsing also borrowed from Hyde and Frankenstein tales as well.
Gonefishing can't follow the thread.

RB
gonefishiing

most film is historically based on literature
there are many great films that are not.
great or ground breaking cinema can operate completely independent from
literature.
simple statement

gf.