Bobsprit

You can't go wrong with the Sony. Go for it!

It's as though neal doesn't want anyone to have anything nice...because he
doesn't.
I barely commented on the Sony because it's a cheap entry level camera. Tells
us a lot about Neal.
The Sony has NO optical zoom and no AV connection for hook up to a TV. It has
terrible battery life (look it up) and a sloppy optical set. Comes with no
charger and you'll need one. User reviews say that pics are muddy and not up to
par with 3.2 MP cameras. The reason? Baseline ISO of 100 means lots of grain.
Want a good Sony? Get the L1. Small and slick, takes great pics and it even has
a waterproof casing available.
Neal, you did it to yourself again.

RB

Lady Pilot

"Capt. Neal®" wrote:

Smart girl. Most people consider only price but you are
also concerned with quality. Good to see it. Keeping this
in mind, forget all about Bobsprit's advice - it lacks
quality.

Well, you need to remember that I'm a Republician, after my teenage years of
being an ignorant democart!

You can't go wrong with the Sony. Go for it!

Thanks!

LP

Beauregard

Take a look at the Olympus D-540 3.2 MP. They are available on the
internet for less than $200, and take great pictures. It comes with a
16 mb memory card, but you can buy 32, 64 or 128 mb memory cards for
plenty of stoarge capacity. It uses 2 AA batteries - Nicad rechargables
are recommended. I have the predecessor model, D510 zoom, and the
optics are great. I take many photos at my yacht club, and everybody
says my camera takes the best pictures of those used at the club. I
carry extra memory cards and 4 rechargable batteries in the soft case,
and never run out of power or storage capacity. It has a standard USB
interface, and be connected to any late model Windows-based computer
without special software or hardware.

When you have narrowed down your selection, look each choice up on
http://www.digitalcamerareviewspot.com/. It gives specifications, user
reviews, and best prices from web-based sources. By the way, I
recommend you avoid any camera with proprietary batteries or cameras
that do not have optical zoom.

--
Elmo

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message
I need to buy a nice digital camera for the cheapest price possible,

not
forgetting quality.

I found a Nikon CoolPix 3200 3.2 megapixels, 3x optical/4x digital

zoom
1.6 -inch color LCD, for $198.47 (USA dollars, of course)

Then I found a Sony Cyber-shot P41 Digital Camera 4.1 megapixels. 3x
precision digital zoom. 640x480 VGA MPEG movie mode $178.87

Then there is the Kodak Easy Share CX7530 Digital Camera. 5

megapixels, 3x
opitcal/5x digital zoom, 32 MB internal memory and 1.8-inch color
indoor/outdoor LCD for $298.57

Thanks for your help, I don't know much about cameras, but I know

there are
some in this ng that does...

LP

Which would be the best for the price? Thanks!

LP

Bobsprit

By the way, I
recommend you avoid any camera with proprietary batteries or cameras
that do not have optical zoom.

Sadly, many of the better cameras now use proprietary batteries. The upside is
they are often excellent. My new Pentax Optio S5I takes more pics than it's 512
MB card can hold (150 shots) on a single charge. My Nikon 8800 seems to have
endless battery life.
I agree 100% on the zoom. Very important on lower MP cameras where too much
cropping ruins the show. Learning proper composition will save a lot of
aggravation as well.

RB
Bobsprit

Take a look at the Olympus D-540 3.2 MP.

You can get the better D-580 for 189.00 at Tristate in NY. Both cameras lack a
VGA Movie mode and only the 580 has sound. They are both good P&S cameras for
under 200.00.

RB

Lady Pilot

"Beauregard" wrote:

When you have narrowed down your selection, look each choice up on
http://www.digitalcamerareviewspot.com/. It gives specifications, user
reviews, and best prices from web-based sources. By the way, I
recommend you avoid any camera with proprietary batteries or cameras
that do not have optical zoom.

Thank you for your informative post. I don't remember reading any of your
posts here before. Are you new here, or are you posting under a sock? :-)

I ended up buying a Kodak Easy Share 5.0 megapixels 3x zoom with 32 mb of
internal memory with camera dock included for $198. On the website you gave
me it has mostly 5 stars and prices ranged from $205 to $305. I also picked
up 2 sticks of 128 MB memory for $15 each. I haven't got to try it out yet,
but by the reviews above I'm sure it will be a decent camera.

Thanks again,

LP

Martin Baxter

Lady Pilot wrote:

I ended up buying a Kodak Easy Share 5.0 megapixels 3x zoom with 32 mb of
internal memory with camera dock included for $198.

My niece just bought that package, seems like a decent enough camera, oh and she
paid $198 Canadian!

Cheers
Marty

Overproof

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
My niece just bought that package, seems like a decent enough camera, oh
and she
paid $198 Canadian!

That's like what...... $1.98 USF????

CM

Martin Baxter

Overproof wrote:

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message

My niece just bought that package, seems like a decent enough camera, oh
and she
paid $198 Canadian!

That's like what...... $1.98 USF????

CM

Hey! Quit selling us short, the Loony is on the way up, must be at least 5 bucks US by now!

Cheers
Marty

Jonathan Ganz

In article mNJqd.207139$df2.113993@edtnps89,
Overproof wrote:

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message
My niece just bought that package, seems like a decent enough camera, oh
and she
paid $198 Canadian!

That's like what...... $1.98 USF????

CM

Not any more. The US dollar is dropping.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com