Scott Vernon

"Thom Stewart" wrote in

That is why
prenetration has never been a problem (Uniflite Valiants)

Sometimes when I drink too much I have that problem .

Scotty

Joe

Peter Wiley wrote

Riiiiiight. I thought you were just trolling, now I'm sure of it. I
won't waste my time any further.

Well geee Peter. Having you on a hook is just plain dull.

Of course it was a trool! Everone bit but the boobfish I was fishin
for.

I found the perfect boat to start with and do not need "Stepping
Stones".

You think Im really going to section my fine boat? I could but the
truth is RedCloud is perfect how she is. She is large enough to be
roomy for 2 and I can single handle her

Thanks have a safe trip

Got rid of the ship for this voyage, I'm not sailing until 20 December
or thereabouts.

What do you sail on? Where do you go? You licenced? Union?

Joe

PDW

Joe

DSK wrote in message ...
Joe wrote:
I do not have a yacht, I have a Moter sailing vessel of Yacht quality.

uh huh.

Thanks for the suggestions but for some reason I doubt Tom has spent
most of his life living on steel hulls. Even if he has, I would trust
my decisions over most others including Bruce Roberts.

If you think Bruce Roberts trumps Tom Colvin, then you're clueless.

I've never cared for Colvins layout or his hulls. All look to 70's to
to me.
Not one of his hulls has the grace of RedCloud. I think RedCloud was
modeled after a 1800's clipper hull.

Bruce Roberts has had his problems as well, but I do like his
trawlers.

... Now if you
could hook me up with Herreshoff I would pay attention to design tips.

You can email or snail mail Halsey Herreshoff but he's probably not
interested even if youo could afford him. You'd need to hold a seance to
get in touch with Nat or L. Francis; maybe the new fake Crapton is in
touch with the spirit world.

Could be, again I think RedCloud has the finest lines of any steel
hull Ive ever seen. But I have not been able to find out who buildt
her.

I posted several time on many British English sites because I found
some gear marked C. Warden Lowenstolt England but no one recalls
seeing her.

Perhaps Halsey's dad did indeed design her. I will send him a picture
and information. Do you have his e-mail address by chance?

Thanks Doug

Joe

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Peter Wiley

In article , Joe
wrote:

Peter Wiley wrote

Riiiiiight. I thought you were just trolling, now I'm sure of it. I
won't waste my time any further.

Well geee Peter. Having you on a hook is just plain dull.

Of course it was a trool! Everone bit but the boobfish I was fishin
for.

I found the perfect boat to start with and do not need "Stepping
Stones".

You think Im really going to section my fine boat? I could but the
truth is RedCloud is perfect how she is. She is large enough to be
roomy for 2 and I can single handle her

Nah, I didn't think you were gonna do it. Has been done tho.

Thanks have a safe trip

Got rid of the ship for this voyage, I'm not sailing until 20 December
or thereabouts.

What do you sail on? Where do you go? You licenced? Union?

For work, mostly a 6500 tonne class 1 icebreaker equipped for
scientific research these days. Mainly out of Hobart down to the
Antarctic continent, over to Heard Island, etc etc. In the past, a
large variety of fishing trawlers, oceanographic research vessels and
the like. Been a lotta places but all in the Southern Hemisphere so
far. I hold a couple licences for workboats but not blue water big
ships, these days I run the computer networks, datalogging systems,
software, scientific sampling equipment etc etc. I'm running a marine
engineering R&D group.

Occasionally I get to drive the icebreaker when we're actually breaking
ice since my guys & I have been sailing with the crew for so long that
they treat us as part of them. 4th Mate :-) Powerboating writ large,
conning a big ship down ice leads and doing bank shots off the sides to
go round a corner tighter than the ships turning radius. An experience
few people will ever have.

PDW
Joe

Peter Wiley wrote in message

Occasionally I get to drive the icebreaker when we're actually breaking
ice since my guys & I have been sailing with the crew for so long that
they treat us as part of them. 4th Mate :-) Powerboating writ large,
conning a big ship down ice leads and doing bank shots off the sides to
go round a corner tighter than the ships turning radius. An experience
few people will ever have.

Sounds like a blast. Id love to take a 6,900 ton icebreaker and crush
every powerboat in this marina. But as you say... only the very lucky
get a shot at so much fun.

Joe

PDW

self stepping my mast. rick ASA 25 August 9th 04 12:55 PM
ONLY 30 STEPPING STONES AWAY FOR THE BLOBSTER Joe ASA 1 May 19th 04 12:06 AM
Stepping up - Boat opinions wanted Trevor Miller General 2 September 3rd 03 08:05 PM