Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Dave wrote:
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 21:44:57 -0600, "Michael"
said:

"General" Rule? "Ancient" Principle? "Government at any level has 'never'
been sued?' Not a devotee of Ayn Rand nor a polysci major are we?

Nope. I lawyer with over 30 years of experience. Now why don't you tell us
your qualifications to tell us about the law.

Oh, and your third purported quotation (at least I think it's supposed to be
a quotation--can't tell with your totally screwed up quotation marks) is
fictitious.

Dave has a lot of experience! You should listen to him. Also, he's
stupid. Well, I guess being stupid with lots of experience is better
than just being stupid such as yourself.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Capt. Neal®

I lawyer? Do you have a robot intelligence?

CN

"Dave" wrote in message ...

Nope. I lawyer with over 30 years of experience. Now why don't you tell us
your qualifications to tell us about the law.

Scott Vernon

"Jeff Morris" wrote

a "no accident" discount. Five years later I asked again and they
(Boat/US) gave me the discount, including 5 years of retroactive
discount, saying the original refusal had been a mistake!

What course?

Scotty

Actually, this was the Online Boat/US course. IIRC, it took a very
short amount of time to pass the test - maybe an hour or two -

assuming
you know it all!

Is that the one where they send you a card for passing. I took the
test and passed. Have to check if I'm getting any discount.

Scotty

Michael

Probably true but then.....so did my dog, until I trained him to stop before
they did.

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

Nope. I lawyer with over 30 years of experience. Now why don't you tell

us
your qualifications to tell us about the law.

Don't mess with this guy Michael..... after 30 years of chasing

ambulances
he can most likely run rings around you.

CM

Michael

Actually I quite respect the legal profession. The true mercenaries of our
age. Somewhat like actors and actresses they are well paid to argue any
side of the issue, except they never get Oscars.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

said:

"General" Rule? "Ancient" Principle? "Government at any level has

'never'
been sued?' Not a devotee of Ayn Rand nor a polysci major are we?

Nope. I lawyer with over 30 years of experience. Now why don't you tell

us
your qualifications to tell us about the law.

Oh, and your third purported quotation (at least I think it's supposed to

be
a quotation--can't tell with your totally screwed up quotation marks) is
fictitious.

Dave has a lot of experience! You should listen to him. Also, he's
stupid. Well, I guess being stupid with lots of experience is better
than just being stupid such as yourself.

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Roy G. Biv

here is floridas operator course:

http://www.boatsafe.com/Florida/

As I understand it, its an introduction for newbees and a required
review for those ticketed in vessel operation offenses.

consider it the marine equivolent to the safe driving course one can
take to keep points off ones drivers license if one gets a vehicle
moving violation......

I am not even sure there is a charge for the card, it was created in
response to kids getting hurt on jetskis.......

"Gordon"
Washington state wants to institute a revamped law to require boating
drivers licenses. To those in states who have such laws, what are the pros
and cons of your system and does it prevent accidents etc or is it just
another red tape gizmo to collect money for the state?
Thanks in advance
Gordon

Curtis CCR

"Michael" wrote in message ...
Not sure about in the middle of the country but I don't think due process
counts when the USCG teams or customs inspectors board.

Sure it does. They can inspect your boat without a warrant. But you
are still entitled to due process if they accuse you of anything.

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
om...
"Gordon" wrote in message

. ..
Washington state wants to institute a revamped law to require boating
drivers licenses. To those in states who have such laws, what are the

pros
and cons of your system and does it prevent accidents etc or is it just
another red tape gizmo to collect money for the state?
Thanks in advance
Gordon

Do you have a right to go boating? If you need a license, the
government is changing it from a right to privilege. As soon as you
start licensing some activity as a privilege, a lot of due process
protections may go out the window.

Paul Schilter

Curtis,
Which means they read you your rights. Then arrest you if they find
something illegal.
Paul

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
om...
"Michael" wrote in message
Not sure about in the middle of the country but I don't think due process
counts when the USCG teams or customs inspectors board.

Sure it does. They can inspect your boat without a warrant. But you
are still entitled to due process if they accuse you of anything.

"Curtis CCR" wrote in message
om...

. ..