Jeff Morris

Bobsprit wrote:
Did a license ever stop an accident on the road?

Nope, but a licensed driver is more likely to be operating with insurance.
Making someone like Horvath, Loco or Scotty learn at least a few rules and
concepts sounds like a good idea to me.

RB

And yet, you're the only one here who has hit a charted rock a mile from
from your slip. Perhaps you should give the local Power Squadron a
call this winter.
Bobsprit

And yet, you're the only one here who has hit a charted rock a mile from
from your slip. Perhaps you should give the local Power Squadron a
call this winter.

In 10 years of sailing, day sailing and short cruises not ONE injury on board.
NO DAMAGE to my boat beyond a torn sail. I carry more safety gear than anyone
here and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few who actually does MOB drills each
season. I'm sure some folks here will claim otherwise, but you're all full of
sh*t.
And if Dave or GF would like to examine the keel of Alien, they won't find so
much as a scratch on the keel. Go look!!!

Bwahahahahahaha!

RB
Jeff Morris

Bobsprit wrote:
And yet, you're the only one here who has hit a charted rock a mile from
from your slip. Perhaps you should give the local Power Squadron a
call this winter.

In 10 years of sailing, day sailing and short cruises not ONE injury on board.
NO DAMAGE to my boat beyond a torn sail. I carry more safety gear than anyone
here and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the few who actually does MOB drills each
season. I'm sure some folks here will claim otherwise, but you're all full of
sh*t.
And if Dave or GF would like to examine the keel of Alien, they won't find so
much as a scratch on the keel. Go look!!!

Bwahahahahahaha!

RB

You're the one who has several times claimed to have hit a rock near
your slip. Now claiming that you're a pathological liar is really not a
good excuse.
Bobsprit

Bwahahahahahaha!

RB

You're the one who has several times claimed to have hit a rock near
your slip. Now claiming that you're a pathological liar is really not a
good excuse.

Again, BUSTED! My boat is on the hard. Two people here can go have a look. I
know! It was a SOFT rock!!!
You're just another dumb victim, Jeff!!!!

Bwahahahahaha!!!

RB
Dr. Dr. Smithers

No, but those who have taken defensive driving courses are less likely to
have an accident.

"Ed C" wrote in message
Did a license ever stop an accident on the road?

"Gordon" wrote in message
Washington state wants to institute a revamped law to require boating
drivers licenses. To those in states who have such laws, what are the
pros
and cons of your system and does it prevent accidents etc or is it just
another red tape gizmo to collect money for the state?
Thanks in advance
Gordon

Dr. Dr. Smithers

I have received a 10% allowance for my car and my boating safety courses.

I have to renew my defensive driving course every 3 yrs, but have received
the 10% discount for the last 17 yrs, I have received a 10% discount for a
course I took the last 1t yrs ago.

..
"Gene Kearns" wrote in message
On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:28:38 GMT, "Dr. Dr. Smithers"
wrote:

No, but those who have taken defensive driving courses are less likely to
have an accident.

I am a proponent of boater safety courses, however, since taking part
in boater safety courses is an elective decision, you haven't
established whether this phenomenon is cause or effect.

I think it is most likely that those interested in boating safety
pursue the courses out of the initiative of self improvement. They
would have been safe, anyway.

Given the embarrassingly small percentage of discount afforded by the
insurance companies for boating safety course completers... I'd think
that few to none of those people holding boating safety and
navigational rules/information in low esteem would be induced to take
courses for selfish monetary reasons. They'd probably be unsafe,
anyway. There is a lot of difference between taking a course and
altering someone's behavior.

If I were an insurance company, I'd think of some pricing scheme to
induce boaters to take these boating safety courses (even the
disinterested ones), that is, if I truly felt that they would improve
safety and my bottom line.

Looking at the insurance companies complacent attitude toward this....
I'd conclude that it isn't all that strong a link to them.....
--

Grady-White Gulfstream, out of Southport, NC.

http://myworkshop.idleplay.net/cavern/
Homepage
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.com/directions.asp Where
Southport,NC is located.
http://www.southharbourvillageinn.linksysnet.com Real Time
Pictures at My Marina
http://www.thebayguide.com/rec.boats
Rec.boats at Lee Yeaton's Bayguide

Joe

Capt. Neal® wrote in message ...
It's just another liberal scheme to collect a tax disguised as
a license.

I think that is why the Govt of Canaduh is going to allow each and
everyone an unlimited supply of BC Bud.

Makes you care less if they tax you so much.

What precentage overall do you pay in taxes Mooron?

Like when you register a boat. It costs more by the
foot yet it costs the same in time and paperwork to register a
dinghy that is six feet LOA as it does to register a motor yacht
that is two hundred feet LOA.

Bwahahahahahaha here the local school district taxes me on my computer
on my boat because of a DBA. The tax is like 1.08 US a year. They mail
the notice 11 times a year at the cost of .37 a shot. I wait till the
11th notice and send a 1.08 check. All the notices are hand tabulated.
No doubt at the cost of 30 dollars an hour. And since it is a govt
employee you know they can not possiable do more than two an hour. So
180.00 dollars to process the paper work, 4.07 postage. All to collect
1.08.

Here is the kicker, I forgot to send it one year and they had a Law
Firm of a dozen or so lawyers send me offical notice that they will
sue for payment.

Bwahahahahahahahhahahaha it kills me.

Democrats seem to love any
scheme that penalizes those who have money. Liberalism is
all about taking money and rights away from those who have
it and giving it to those to lazy or inept to earn their own.

Both are todays Democrats.

Joe

CN

"Gordon" wrote in message ...
Washington state wants to institute a revamped law to require boating
drivers licenses. To those in states who have such laws, what are the pros
and cons of your system and does it prevent accidents etc or is it just
another red tape gizmo to collect money for the state?
Thanks in advance
Gordon

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Michael wrote:
I'd take that bet on the safety gear starting with an offshore liferaft.

Are we going to go by weight, quantity, quality, or weight as a ratio
of boat weight?

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com