DSK

Peter Wiley wrote:
My knowledge of Euro history is pretty ordinary, but didn't Germany
take most of the land it lost at the end of WW1 from France in the war
of 1870?

Sure, and much of that was land that France managed to grab during
Napoleon's time, etc etc. Borders are changeable. It's one of the
ongoing problems between nations... for that matter, between states
within nations. For example there are several states borders here in the
US that are defined by rivers, which are constantly removing land from
one side & depositing it on the other, and vice versa. The big question
is, shall we kill people over it?

Seems to me it was the reparations that led to massive inflation and
economic chaos that led to the rise of Hitler more than the loss of
territory. Even the reparations were just playing by the same rules
Germany had used itself, previously.

Yep, that sound pretty close to right to me. Although the stolen land
was part of the Nazi's political sloganeering, as was the "stab in the
back" (their popular theory that Germany didn't really lose WW1).

Shows you what happens when countries try and formulate national policy
of wishful thinking and slogans basd on fantasy.

As for wars, dunno. Basically the Western powers can economically ruin
a country without taking military action. Is this preferable?

Yes. An economy in ruins is better, by definition, than an economy in
ruins with 100,000+ dead and all infrastructure destroyed.

DSK

Jonathan Ganz

Scotty is getting ready to pop his cork... here it comes folks... He's
obviously closeted and needs to come out.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
'The Longest Day' was on yesterday. Ahhh for the good 'ol days, when
WE were right and THEY were wrong, men were men, and ganzy types hid
in the closet.

Scotty

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
John,

I really don't no where to start a reply to your post. I know you

sure
have history twisted around.

First lets take Lindberg. He warned us and Europe about Hilter and

his
strength and was ignored. Did you ever hear of the saying "Peace in

our
time"? That was said after Lindberg warning, which Europe didn't

want to
hear.

About external forement, my God where have you learned your history.

Do
you know how Cuba and the Philippines came into being after the

Spanish
American War, Have you any idea at all how just about every nation

in
the Middle East came into being after the Turk were defeated in WW1

by
moslem tribe under British leadership. After WW2 the China Communist
came into being with the exception of Taiwan, All the countries of
Europe blame us for losing their colonies. The French were driven

out of
North Africa after the Allies defeated the Germans

Have you ever heard of the Truman Doctrine and the Marshall Plan?
The Lendlease Plan, Berlin Airlift, The Formation of the UN, Nato.

The
creation of Israel.

John, I've only covered some of our involvement. All

non-isolationist

My only comment to you is cure yourself of the myopic view of World
History. You really do seem to be missing a lot.

Ole Thom

John Cairns

"Thom Stewart"
wrote in message ...

John,

I really don't know where to start a reply to your post. I know you sure
have history twisted around.

First lets take Lindbergh. He warned us and Europe about Hitler and his
strength and was ignored. Did you ever hear of the saying "Peace in our
time"? That was said after Lindbergh warning, which Europe didn't want to
hear.

http://www.traces.org/charleslindbergh.html

Your hero, Lindbergh. All of this stuff has been in the public domain for
years. You must be the last person on the planet that didn't know about
this.

About external forement, my God where have you learned your history. Do
you know how Cuba and the Philippines came into being after the Spanish
American War,

Not exactly sure what this had to do with my original post. Oh, I see. Well,
let me explain briefly. The Cubans and Filipinos didn't revolt against the
Spanish, we occupied those countries. So you consider Cuba to be a success?
There are a LOT of Cubans in south Florida that would disagree with you. As
far as the Philippines go, you are probably completely clueless about any of
this, so you can ignore the title, "Imperial Amnesia", which would imply
that you knew some of this at one time or another.

http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/54a/index-a.html

Really, Thom, all of this information is at your fingertips, literally.

Have you ever heard of the Truman Doctrine and the Marshall Plan?
The Lendlease Plan, Berlin Airlift, The Formation of the UN, Nato. The
creation of Israel.

When you comment on a post, it helps if you leave some of the original, if
only so you don't forget what was written. Try this:

"In the 20's, under 3 successive Republican administration, the US
followed a policy of isolationism and non-engagement, as did a clear
majority of the population."

Part of my original post, I might have added, the isolationist sentiments of
a majority of Americans continued up until Pearl Harbor, fortunately the
Roosevelt administration("Lend Lease"), didn't share those sentiments.

Berlin airlift, formation of the UN, the Marshall Plan, formation of NATO
all occurred during the Truman administration

My only comment to you is cure yourself of the myopic view of World
History. You really do seem to be missing a lot.

It appears that I've forgotten more than you ever knew.

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

He's
obviously closeted and needs to come out.

It seems to me that Scotty has been pretty open about his gayness. Doesn't
explain the Siedlemann though.

RB
Donal

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
John,

I really don't no where to start a reply to your post. I know you sure
have history twisted around.

First lets take Lindberg. He warned us and Europe about Hilter and his
strength and was ignored. Did you ever hear of the saying "Peace in our
time"? That was said after Lindberg warning, which Europe didn't want to
hear.

Thom,
There is a very big difference between Hitler and Saddam.

Hitler invaded other countries *without* US permission.

Saddam sought US permission before launching any attacks.

Regards

Donal

Michael

Reading Ganz talking about 'veterans' of the military is kinda like getting
a thank you note from a mugger. It's a closed circle Ganz......we're in
it....you're not.

M.

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Thom,

Lindberg was was a non-interventionist. If we had listened to him, we

would
have been much worse off..

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

[...]

Jonathan Ganz

**** you Mikey. You wouldn't know your ass from a hole in the ground.
If by closed circle, you mean you're in a group of chicken**** faggots, then
I agree with you. Please stay in your closed circle.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Michael" wrote in message
[...]

Thom Stewart

John,

I'd like to add a foot note;
Do you know where the Lindberg's lived when they returned from Europe?
They settled on the north shore of Long Island.
Oyster Bay Township. Their children's cook was my Aunt. Lindy and Anne
flew the first route that later became PanAm routes. Their home gave
Lindy good access to Gruman aircraft and Republic aircraft factories
where they used him as a consultant

Cubans in the USA weren't there until Castro took power, long after Cuba
was free from Spain. John, those people didn't flee to Spain, did they.
Good old USA

Your Hartford article open in its first paragraph to it being a
un-validate information

I hope you aren't to put out if I'm not impressed by your reply.

Ole Thom

Jonathan Ganz

Forgot to give your boyfriend a blowjob?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com