Donal

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

he's done a lot less everything than he claims.

Eating??????

Regards

Donal

Peter Wiley

In article , OzOne wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 00:56:35 GMT,
scribbled thusly:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:45:30 +1100, Peter Wiley
wrote:

IOW, you didn't understand anything about cellphone technology. What I
figured so further explanation is wasted.

Bottom line is, I have a cellphone that works to over 60 km off the
coast of a huge and sparsely populated continent. You have one that
doesn't even work off the coast of NYC - assuming you actually ever get
more than 100m from the dock, which is doubtful.

PDW

What a complete imbecile!

I know a lot more about cellular technology (on a professional level) than
you
could ever get your arms around, dufus.

BB

Then you should know that Peter has a CDMA phone that will do just as
he says!

Pretty funny when the clueless manage a really good foot shot, Oz.
After all it was WhineyPill that told us that his high tech state of
the art cellphone system didn't work off of the coast of one of the
world's biggest cities!

Ah well my ship leaves at 1700 today, without me for this voyage, so
I'm gonna splash the daysailer and go play on the Channel. Right now
it's blowing 30+ so I don't think we'll venture too far, but what the
hell. Plenty of little coves on Bruny and it's perfect weather for a
chilled white wine and fresh oysters.

Pilly and Donal can enjoy the onset of winter. I'll be in Sydney in a
couple of weeks before I go to Fremantle - drinks at the Newport Inn
and bodysurfing at North Palm Beach.........

PDW
Scott Vernon

"Vito" wrote

it for good -- NOT. MFr still don't suck.

Tip #1; if you want something to suck, call it Bob.

Good luck,
Scotty

Vito

"Joe" wrote
The inverted U is called a rise. It is put there to keep water from
coming back on top of your pistons. Now unless you have the system
sealed you will not have enough pressure to overcome the standing
water in the rise. Seal it up, start it up, go outside and look. If
you can see it, not sure how your exhaust is ran it may be under
water. If your winterizing your raw water system that is the wrong way
to do it. What you wanna do is close your seasuction, open your
strainer start the engine as you pour antifreeze into the strainer,
That is if your strainer is properly mounted. This will fill the raw
loop to the riser.

Thank's again. I've been too sick to use the boat for several months and it
looks like the riser where the water from the engine goes into the exhaust
has become completely plugged to let any water through. I can run the motor
briefly and exhaust gas comes out normally but without water. And since it
is plugged no water gets pumped out of the strainer. I disconnected the
hose going into the riser and pumped antifreeze thru the motor to winterize
it (the extra went into the bilge) but will have to fix it when I get my
health back. Thanks again for the info.

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scott Vernon wrote:

Tip #1; if you want something to suck, call me

Good luck,
Scotty

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Peter Wiley

In article , OzOne wrote:

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 16:28:19 +1100, Peter Wiley
scribbled thusly:

Pretty funny when the clueless manage a really good foot shot, Oz.
After all it was WhineyPill that told us that his high tech state of
the art cellphone system didn't work off of the coast of one of the
world's biggest cities!

Yep, seems the US is lagging behind in most consumer electronics...fer
christs sake, they still use NTSC tv and analogue phones.

My GSM gets reliable coverage pretty much the whole way up the coast
from Syd to The Whitsundays when about 6 - 8 miles offshore, and I've
had calls at over 15miles out on occassion.

GSM is a PITA in Tas because the coverage is spotty. Works at Snug 5 km
north of my place, works on North Bruny across the Channel from my
place, doesn't work at my place. OTOH CDMA works nearly everywhere.

Ah well my ship leaves at 1700 today, without me for this voyage, so
I'm gonna splash the daysailer and go play on the Channel. Right now
it's blowing 30+ so I don't think we'll venture too far, but what the
hell. Plenty of little coves on Bruny and it's perfect weather for a
chilled white wine and fresh oysters.

Oysters MMMMMMmmmmm, wouldn't eat em off the rocks around here yet.

I remember getting tins of mussels off the rocks in Berrys Bay when we
were kids, then cooking them over an open fire in the back yard at
home. I shudder at the thought nowadays. Ignorance really was bliss.

BTW they've introduced Pacific oysters to Botany Bay and Georges River
lately, They don't suffer from that bug (name escapes me atm) that
killed off the Sydney Rocks.
My mate the marine bio is stunned and amazed that they would even
consider it, they're tougher than the native oyster and will ensure
that they can never return even if a cure for the bug is found.

As an ex-marine bio I'd have to agree. That has to be one of the most
stupid things I've heard of. The oyster spat is almost certain to move
along the coast and infect other areas. Pacific oysters aren't anywhere
near as tasty as the Sydney rock oyster.

Pilly and Donal can enjoy the onset of winter. I'll be in Sydney in a
couple of weeks before I go to Fremantle - drinks at the Newport Inn
and bodysurfing at North Palm Beach.........

I'll be at the Newport Arms on Wed next week.
Hosting some Septic sailing mates who've never seen Oz.
Newport Arms will knock their socks off with its location.

Yeah, friend of mine lives in Irrubel Rd right near the RPAYC and RMYC.
We've spent many an hour in the bars round there.

Just don't get them so excited that they want to migrate, OK.

PDW