Martin Baxter

Default The Mast behind the Mask

Last week I took my boat up to the yard to get hauled. In the slip next to the one I left my boat in overnight was a small boat, about 24' (Dolphin I
think). Tied to her mast with a black neck tie was a rubber mask, one of those ghoulish, graying wrinkled things; does anyone know if there is some
significance to this? To ward of evil boat spirits?

Cheers
Marty

Bobsprit

Tied to her mast with a black neck tie was a rubber mask, one of those
ghoulish, graying wrinkled things; does anyone know if there is some
significance to this? To ward of evil boat spirits?

Halloween, genius.

RB
DSK

Martin Baxter wrote:
Last week I took my boat up to the yard to get hauled. In the slip next
to the one I left my boat in overnight was a small boat, about 24'
(Dolphin I think). Tied to her mast with a black neck tie was a rubber
mask, one of those ghoulish, graying wrinkled things; does anyone know
if there is some significance to this? To ward of evil boat spirits?

It may be the shrunken head of a former crew who lost too many winch
handles overboard...

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Martin Baxter

Bobsprit wrote:

Halloween, genius.

RB

I don't think so, it was there the previous month when I was there arranging for the haul out, is rudeness a congenital defect for you or are you
suffering from some malaise leading to chronic irascibility?

Cheers
Marty

Martin Baxter

Scott Vernon wrote:

Canucks don't celebrate Halloween?

Don't know about Canucks, but I don't, I'm not a pagan.
What happened to your railway?

New boat's too big.

Cheers
Marty

Martin Baxter

katysails wrote:

I think the necktie probably has more significance than the mask....

You're probably correct, you think the owner is a Hitchcock fan?

Cheers
Marty

tyvek (long) William R. Watt Boat Building 2 June 30th 04 05:09 AM
Mast Rake and Mast Bend DSK ASA 48 January 16th 04 08:07 PM
Red over green mast light for sailboat Lee Huddleston Boat Building 4 September 15th 03 04:57 PM
Red over green mast lights for sailboat Lee Huddleston Cruising 16 September 10th 03 02:42 AM
Mast down (long) Peter S/Y Anicula ASA 1 July 1st 03 12:05 AM