BoatBanter.com

-   -   The Mast behind the Mask (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/24222-mast-behind-mask.html)

Martin Baxter October 22nd 04 01:42 PM

The Mast behind the Mask

Last week I took my boat up to the yard to get hauled. In the slip next to the one I left my boat in overnight was a small boat, about 24' (Dolphin I
think). Tied to her mast with a black neck tie was a rubber mask, one of those ghoulish, graying wrinkled things; does anyone know if there is some
significance to this? To ward of evil boat spirits?

Cheers
Marty

Bobsprit October 22nd 04 02:57 PM

Tied to her mast with a black neck tie was a rubber mask, one of those
ghoulish, graying wrinkled things; does anyone know if there is some
significance to this? To ward of evil boat spirits?

Halloween, genius.

RB

DSK October 22nd 04 03:00 PM

Martin Baxter wrote:
Last week I took my boat up to the yard to get hauled. In the slip next
to the one I left my boat in overnight was a small boat, about 24'
(Dolphin I think). Tied to her mast with a black neck tie was a rubber
mask, one of those ghoulish, graying wrinkled things; does anyone know
if there is some significance to this? To ward of evil boat spirits?

It may be the shrunken head of a former crew who lost too many winch
handles overboard...

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Martin Baxter October 22nd 04 04:56 PM

Bobsprit wrote:

Halloween, genius.

RB

I don't think so, it was there the previous month when I was there arranging for the haul out, is rudeness a congenital defect for you or are you
suffering from some malaise leading to chronic irascibility?

Cheers
Marty

Martin Baxter October 22nd 04 04:58 PM

Scott Vernon wrote:

Canucks don't celebrate Halloween?

Don't know about Canucks, but I don't, I'm not a pagan.
What happened to your railway?

New boat's too big.

Cheers
Marty

Martin Baxter October 25th 04 01:06 PM

katysails wrote:

I think the necktie probably has more significance than the mask....

You're probably correct, you think the owner is a Hitchcock fan?

Cheers
Marty