katysails

dark brown.....with green glints in the sunlight.....
"Ulysses" wrote in message
om...
Oh, you know, out and about... visiting my Phaeacian friends...
Actually, I've switched coasts again. Good to be back on the right.
I think I've decided about the eyes; what color are yours?

Ulysses

"katysails" wrote
My son...where have you been? Your mother has been worried about

you.....
and you want to paint large, soulful brown eyes on your boat....
"Ulysses" wrote
Question to the group:

What kind of eyes does one paint on a boat to ward of evil
(bob)spirits?

References to books or links would be helpful. I'm looking for an
image that I can paint on my boat. Hopefully like one might find in
the Med or Persian Gulf. Web surfing hasn't brought up much for me.

btw, sorry bobsprit.... couldn't resist.

Ulysses

Peter S/Y Anicula

I don't think it matters much how they look, as long as the boat can
see.

Peter S/Y Anicula

"Ulysses" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
Question to the group:

What kind of eyes does one paint on a boat to ward of evil
(bob)spirits?

References to books or links would be helpful. I'm looking for an
image that I can paint on my boat. Hopefully like one might find in
the Med or Persian Gulf. Web surfing hasn't brought up much for me.

btw, sorry bobsprit.... couldn't resist.

Ulysses

Ulysses

That's the idea, I want her to know where she's going for those times
when I don't! I was hoping for some sort of traditional eye symbol...
perhaps an eye of horus, although I don't know that I've seen one on a
boat. I suppose I'll come up with something.

-Ulysses

"Peter S/Y Anicula" wrote:
I don't think it matters much how they look, as long as the boat can
see.

Peter S/Y Anicula

"Ulysses" skrev i en meddelelse
om...
Question to the group:

What kind of eyes does one paint on a boat to ward of evil
(bob)spirits?

References to books or links would be helpful. I'm looking for an
image that I can paint on my boat. Hopefully like one might find in
the Med or Persian Gulf. Web surfing hasn't brought up much for me.

btw, sorry bobsprit.... couldn't resist.

Ulysses

Donal

"Ulysses" wrote in message
om...
That's the idea, I want her to know where she's going for those times
when I don't! I was hoping for some sort of traditional eye symbol...
perhaps an eye of horus, although I don't know that I've seen one on a
boat. I suppose I'll come up with something.

-Ulysses

Have a look at these sites. Everywhere that you go in Turkey, you see
ceramic tiles that are designed to ward off the evil eye. They are in the
pavements, walls and floors.

http://www.zinnia.ca/turkey.html

http://www.azer.com/aiweb/categories...ticles/83_evil.
html

Regards

Donal

Gilligan

Uysless:

I put large fake styrofoam breasts on the front of my boat, I got them from
Babs, slightly used. They make great docking cushions and will poke the eyes
out of anyone who approaches. Maybe Katy has an extra pair just for you!
Welcome back, the newsgroup is coming back to life!

Gilligan

"Ulysses" wrote in message
om...
Question to the group:

What kind of eyes does one paint on a boat to ward of evil
(bob)spirits?

References to books or links would be helpful. I'm looking for an
image that I can paint on my boat. Hopefully like one might find in
the Med or Persian Gulf. Web surfing hasn't brought up much for me.

btw, sorry bobsprit.... couldn't resist.

Ulysses

katysails

Not particularly...I prefer silk or cashmere....
"Gilligan" wrote in message
ink.net...
Are you into rubber?

Gilligan

"Ulysses" wrote in message
om...
Question to the group:

What kind of eyes does one paint on a boat to ward of evil
(bob)spirits?

References to books or links would be helpful. I'm looking for an
image that I can paint on my boat. Hopefully like one might find in
the Med or Persian Gulf. Web surfing hasn't brought up much for me.

btw, sorry bobsprit.... couldn't resist.

Ulysses

Gilligan

Katysails,

It's almost October. Are you going to strap on the old accordian and belt
out a few tunes for Octoberfest? How about Rosamunde and the Chicken Dance?

I've got lovely Lederhosen outfits for the Flying Monkeys. In fact, there
out for a few weeks in Leavenworth Washington:

http://www.alpenroseinn.com/Leavenworth.html

There's Ole Thom in the picture, the guy witth the beard.

Gilligan

"katysails" wrote in message
Not particularly...I prefer silk or cashmere....
"Gilligan" wrote in message
ink.net...
Are you into rubber?

Gilligan