Bobsprit

Default Honest Sailors

About two months ago I sold a Cal 34 to a couple in PA. They got a really good
deal on the boat and were quite happy. While doing some cleanup, they found a
diamond ring stuck under the sole. The ring's value was over 15K, but they
still called me to track down who it belonged to. I asked the original owner if
he'd lost any jewelery aboard and he told me about how his daughter had lost
her engagement ring (she thought it was lost swimming) 4 years ago! Well, they
hooked up and the ring is now back on her finger.
Very nice and very honest sailors!

RB
Bobsprit

You can be sure that if Tougboat found it, he would be ordering a new
bow thruster for his trawler.

For sure. No way he'd be allowed to buy anything "sail" related.

RB
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

You've used that "Diamond Ring Story" before. Please don't talk about
Honest Sailor with LIES!!

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

You've used that "Diamond Ring Story" before. Please don't talk about
Honest Sailor with LIES!!

Shame on you, Thom. The story is 100 percent true. I sold the Cal recently.
Something nice happens and you want to **** all over it? Let Scotty Potti do
that.

RB
DSK

Thom Stewart wrote:
Nutsy,

You've used that "Diamond Ring Story" before. Please don't talk about
Honest Sailor with LIES!!

Yep. It's all a big re-run for Bubbles.

DSK

Bobsprit

Perhaps, but there has been a glut of lost/recovered diamond rings
aboard boats you have bought/sold. It sounded familiar to me, as
well.

You're all a bit confused. You're thinking of Suzanne's ring, which had been
lost and found. Nothing to do with this story.

RB
Bobsprit

Honest Sailor with LIES!!

Yep. It's all a big re-run for Bubbles.

Trawler sailor speaks!

RB
Walt

DSK wrote:
Thom Stewart wrote:

You've used that "Diamond Ring Story" before. Please don't talk about
Honest Sailor with LIES!!

Yep. It's all a big re-run for Bubbles.

Excuse me. I think this is where I came in.

--
//-Walt
//
Flying Tadpole

Bobsprit wrote:

About two months ago I sold a Cal 34 to a couple in PA. They got a really good
deal on the boat and were quite happy. While doing some cleanup, they found a
diamond ring stuck under the sole. The ring's value was over 15K, but they
still called me to track down who it belonged to. I asked the original owner if
he'd lost any jewelery aboard and he told me about how his daughter had lost
her engagement ring (she thought it was lost swimming) 4 years ago! Well, they
hooked up and the ring is now back on her finger.
Very nice and very honest sailors!

RB

Hmm. 15K! Hmmmm. And did the ring owner(s) pay back the
insurance company?
--
Flying Tadpole

Learn what lies below the waves of cyberspace!
http://music.download.com/internetopera
http://www.soundclick.com/flyingtadpole