katysails

I have 6 grandkids and one on the way....I am 52 and make no bones about
it....we don't have armadillos in Michigan....we do have lots of groundhogs,
though, and we do have snakes....milk snakes look just like coral snakes and
are kind of fun to play with as long as you don't drop them into the hot
dishwater...(don't ask me how I know this....) Right now I have to keep the
kids out of the woods, though, because the red fox have a litter and i don't
want them to move away....most eerie animal voices of the night when they
yip and yell at the moon....
"felton" wrote in message
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:10:59 GMT, "katysails"
wrote:

Yeah...the good old days....kids today are really boring.....no
initiative....I take my grandkids out and teach them bad things like
building forts out of junk from the barn and climbing trees and sticking

the
hose down the groundhog hole.....Protective Servioces will probably cart

me
away one day....

Grandkids? You can't be old enough for grandkids. Don't you have any
armadillos to chase? That used to be fun. Maybe it still would
be...I'll have to be on the lookout, although I was never really sure
what to do with them once I caught them. The pursuit was fun, in a
Lord of the Flies sort of way. We used to go snake hunting a lot..to
catch them. Now I have really gotten too old to remember what the
appeal was of catching snakes.

"felton" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 22:40:10 GMT, "katysails"
wrote:

My brother used to throw aerosol cans into our 55 gallon trash burner

when
we were kids....split it down the sides and flattened it....was quite

the
sight....and he didn't have to go to Purdue to accomplish it....

Growing up in a relatively small town in the middle of nowhere, there
used to be a lot of things done to break the boredom that would now be
on the national news. Amateur bomb making, death defying pranks and
the like. Times have changed, though.

Come to think of it, it wasn't all that uncommon to see folks with
missing fingers when I was growing up... One of the side effects of
that "go outside and play" theory of child raising.

"felton" wrote in message
news On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 19:23:48 GMT, "Scout"
wrote:

While searching for a charcoal starter-chimney, I stumbled upon

this
unique
method of getting the grill ready in a hurry.
Don't miss the picture.
Scout
http://home.att.net/~purduejacksonville/grill.html

Yowee. Looks exciting...to watch from afar

Reminds me a little of the old joke. A new skydiver was making his
first jump. He pulls the first ripcord...nothing happens. He tries
the reserve chute...nothing happens.

As he is falling towards Earth, he sees someone else on the way up.
As they pass, he asks, "excuse me, you do you know anything about
parachutes?" The other guy replies, "sorry, no, do you know

anything
about propane stoves?"

Hey, I said it was an old joke.

felton

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:21:56 GMT, "katysails"
wrote:

I have 6 grandkids and one on the way....I am 52 and make no bones about
it....we don't have armadillos in Michigan....we do have lots of groundhogs,
though, and we do have snakes....milk snakes look just like coral snakes and
are kind of fun to play with as long as you don't drop them into the hot
dishwater...(don't ask me how I know this....) Right now I have to keep the
kids out of the woods, though, because the red fox have a litter and i don't
want them to move away....most eerie animal voices of the night when they
yip and yell at the moon....

You and I are the same age, but I only have one kiddo and he just
turned 18. I am hoping not to be a grandpa for quite some time I
don't think we have too many milk snakes down here, but we do have
king snakes, which have that same color scheme. All things
considered, I have seen enough snakes to last me and I would be just
as happy not to stumble on to any in the future, although we did have
quite a remarkable outbreak of water moccasins two summers ago where I
sail. Yikes! One guy was uncovering his main and a big old
cottonmouth dropped out of his sail down through his open
companionway. For about three weeks those things were everywhere

.. .
wrote:

Yeah...the good old days....kids today are really boring.....no
initiative....I take my grandkids out and teach them bad things like
building forts out of junk from the barn and climbing trees and sticking

the
hose down the groundhog hole.....Protective Servioces will probably cart

me
away one day....

Grandkids? You can't be old enough for grandkids. Don't you have any
armadillos to chase? That used to be fun. Maybe it still would
be...I'll have to be on the lookout, although I was never really sure
what to do with them once I caught them. The pursuit was fun, in a
Lord of the Flies sort of way. We used to go snake hunting a lot..to
catch them. Now I have really gotten too old to remember what the
appeal was of catching snakes.

.. .

wrote:

While searching for a charcoal starter-chimney, I stumbled upon

this
unique
method of getting the grill ready in a hurry.
Don't miss the picture.
Scout
http://home.att.net/~purduejacksonville/grill.html

Yowee. Looks exciting...to watch from afar

Reminds me a little of the old joke. A new skydiver was making his
first jump. He pulls the first ripcord...nothing happens. He tries
the reserve chute...nothing happens.

As he is falling towards Earth, he sees someone else on the way up.
As they pass, he asks, "excuse me, you do you know anything about
parachutes?" The other guy replies, "sorry, no, do you know

anything
about propane stoves?"

Hey, I said it was an old joke.

katysails

Milk snakes and king snakes are the same thing....we had a bat land on our
sail yesterday about 5 miles offshore....think he was probably tired of all
that darting too and fro after flies....he hung there for awhile until we
headed back in and then took off.....when I lived down in St Louis, we had
to check the backyard every morning for water mocs before we let the dog
out...he got one one day and mangled it...fortunately, he didn't;'t get
bitten but there was snake goo all over the place....we ended up cutting the
lawn so close that they wouldn't come up there any more....I can take or
leave snakes...they don't particularly bother me as long as they keep where
they're supposed to be....salamanders, though, gross me out....
wrote:

[...]

.. .
wrote:

[...]

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
katysails wrote:
My brother blew out the side of our shed...Dad was NOT pleased.....I was
riding ponies down the street when the fire engine came throttling along and
when raced after them all the way to our field....was a sight to
behold....and then when he was in the Army, they gave him his very own ABM
missile to play with....

I think I'm going to reevaluate prayer.
--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
katysails wrote:
DON'T YOU DARE TURN MY POST INTO A POLITICAL DEBATE....SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!
"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
In article ,
katysails wrote:
no doubt....maybe that's why they're importing so much Right Guard?
"Scout" wrote in message
perhaps that's what the N.Koreans are up to.
Scout

I'm sure Bush is doing all he can to be uninvolved.

I didn't. I said he was uninvolved!

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scout wrote:
you're hijacking my post?? Have you at least a box cutter? Will you at
least tell the world I fought back a bit?
Scout

"Scout" wrote in message
perhaps that's what the N.Koreans are up to.
Scout

I'm sure Bush is doing all he can to be uninvolved.

Don't worry. We're returning to the airport shortly.
(which isn't really that funny)

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
Scout wrote:
is there anyway I can win this or shall I quit here?
Scout

Only if you're John Kerry. :-)

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Jonathan Ganz

In article ,
katysails wrote:
Yeah...the good old days....kids today are really boring.....no
initiative....I take my grandkids out and teach them bad things like
building forts out of junk from the barn and climbing trees and sticking the
hose down the groundhog hole.....Protective Servioces will probably cart me
away one day....

I taught my twin cousins to throw food at their grandmother. :-)

--
Jonathan Ganz (j gan z @ $ail no w.c=o=m)
http://www.sailnow.com
"If there's no wind, row."

Scout

"Thank God we British can laugh at each other, ay?"
Basil Fawlty, after calling the public health inspector a 'scavenging
gourmet'
Scout

"Jonathan Ganz"

August 1883 Ship gets lighting Joe ASA 0 August 8th 04 05:23 AM
Mercury 30hp 4-stroke has lighting coil? Sunny General 5 June 1st 04 04:29 AM
Lighting boards n.brown8 Electronics 0 May 4th 04 10:36 AM
led's for cabin/nav lighting? bruce Electronics 3 March 15th 04 10:10 PM
What to do in a lighting storm while Kayaking? [email protected] General 9 July 30th 03 12:05 PM