Seahag

If it's blowing 35 again I might leave him home!

Seahag

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
Ya think he wants to try it again this year?

"Seahag" wrote:

"Scott Vernon" wrote:
"Seahag" wrote

Scupper is a fabulous boat dog!

Yeah, he LOVES sailing.

Hopefully he'll grow out of that:^)

Matt Colie

Jax,

Boy - Are you ever wrong....

I went to school in that water (and finished my first degrees and got
first real license). I am now out here in the sweet water, and you had
better believe what John is saying about the traffic here and
particularly in the area he is sailing. The case is actually every bit
as bad as Throg's Neck and Execution Rock.

In the case that you don't, pull up the chart for the south end of the
Detroit River and then get the listing for vessel passages. Then add to
the list that the Canadian side of the line is heavily populated with
fish traps that can stretch a mile oe so and all the water less than ten
feet deep is so weeded up that you can't get a keel through it. The
only thing he doesn't have to deal with is tide changes.

I haven't been to this ng in a while, but the first thing I get to read
(that is not a OT politic) when I get here is this.

Matt Colie A.Sloop "Bonne Ide'e"
Lifelong Waterman. Licensed Mariner and Perpetual Sailor

JAXAshby wrote:
in our neck of the woods we have a fair amount of large
commercial vessels, mainly freighters,

but your neck of the woods isn't western LIS. "large commercial vessels" and
freighters are uncommon, moving slowing when they are there, are well lit, are
not the least bit shy in sounding their horns, travel in highly predictable
paths, freighter NEVER go into the area where the two barge buoys are, etc.
etc. etc.

gf was fictionalizing.

otnmbrd

G Not an uncommon condition, for Doodles.

otn

Matt Colie wrote:
Jax,

Boy - Are you ever wrong....

katysails

Blowing 35 here today...woke up this morning (was supposed to be 8-12 knots)
to the wind in the rigging...steadily built until noon so we decided to
leave...rowing back to the dock (we're WAAAYYYY out in the mooring field) is
a real pain when you've got both wind and waves and getting Choppie into the
dinghy when there's heavy chop is a very interesting experience....