BoatBanter.com

-   -   Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/20295-good-news-america-bad-news-democrats.html)

Horvath July 24th 04 12:38 AM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:34:47 -0400, "Vito" wrote
this crap:

. Bush's
current folly is an open ended war with unacheivable objectives, more like
Vietnam than any other war we've got into. Like Vietnam, it will kill
hundreds then thousands of our best young men and suck up $billions while

You are whacked. This is nothing like Vietnam. We couldn't attack
Hanoi. We couldn't cut the Ho Chi Mihn trail.

Today, our troops occupy Baghdad. Saddam is in our jail. His son's
are dead, and we occupy his palaces. The government we set up rules
Iraq. We are the superpower. We rule, not the United Nations. Deal
with reality.

Capt. Mooron July 24th 04 02:44 AM

"Horvath" wrote in message
| You are whacked. This is nothing like Vietnam. We couldn't attack
| Hanoi. We couldn't cut the Ho Chi Mihn trail.
|
| Today, our troops occupy Baghdad. Saddam is in our jail. His son's
| are dead, and we occupy his palaces. The government we set up rules
| Iraq. We are the superpower. We rule, not the United Nations. Deal
| with reality.

....and that my ignorant dipstick sums up nicely how the rest of the world
sees the USA.
Heh... that attitude is why you guys are so well loved globally!

CM

Horvath July 24th 04 02:44 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 22:44:22 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
wrote this crap:

"Horvath" wrote in message
| You are whacked. This is nothing like Vietnam. We couldn't attack
| Hanoi. We couldn't cut the Ho Chi Mihn trail.
|
| Today, our troops occupy Baghdad. Saddam is in our jail. His son's
| are dead, and we occupy his palaces. The government we set up rules
| Iraq. We are the superpower. We rule, not the United Nations. Deal
| with reality.

...and that my ignorant dipstick sums up nicely how the rest of the world
sees the USA.
Heh... that attitude is why you guys are so well loved globally!

You're finally making some sense. Do we asked to be loved? Do we
care if we hurt France's feelings?

Horvath July 24th 04 02:45 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:51:43 +1000, OzOne wrote this crap:

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 19:38:03 -0400, Horvath
scribbled thusly:

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 09:34:47 -0400, "Vito" wrote
this crap:

. Bush's
current folly is an open ended war with unacheivable objectives, more like
Vietnam than any other war we've got into. Like Vietnam, it will kill
hundreds then thousands of our best young men and suck up $billions while

You are whacked. This is nothing like Vietnam. We couldn't attack
Hanoi. We couldn't cut the Ho Chi Mihn trail.

Only because of the politics of the time.

Today, our troops occupy Baghdad.

No doubt about that....pity you don't control it.
Saddam is in our jail.

He's in gaol alright
His son's
are dead, and we occupy his palaces.

Yep, no argument here....I wonder when the palaces will become
property of the Iraqi people?
The government we set up rules
Iraq.

That would be the democracy you installed, Right?
We are the superpower.

Yep, and because of that arrogance, you have thousands of dogs biting
at your legs.

Licking our feet, and eating out of our hands, you mean.

felton July 24th 04 03:52 PM

wrote:

"Horvath" wrote in message
| You are whacked. This is nothing like Vietnam. We couldn't attack
| Hanoi. We couldn't cut the Ho Chi Mihn trail.
|
| Today, our troops occupy Baghdad. Saddam is in our jail. His son's
| are dead, and we occupy his palaces. The government we set up rules
| Iraq. We are the superpower. We rule, not the United Nations. Deal
| with reality.

...and that my ignorant dipstick sums up nicely how the rest of the world
sees the USA.
Heh... that attitude is why you guys are so well loved globally!

CM

Horvath has set the bar for success pretty low. Most thinking people
would think that "occupying" a country at the cost of about $1.5
billion per week, while losing 900+ Americans to overthrow one aging,
impotent dictator is hardly "success". In the meantime, we have
destroyed our international credibility and done nothing to lessen
the threat of terrorism.

Capt. Mooron July 24th 04 04:48 PM

"Horvath" wrote in message
| You're finally making some sense. Do we asked to be loved? Do we
| care if we hurt France's feelings?

YES!
Yes you do or it wouldn't matter as much to you... all you seem to be doing
is asking why everyone hates you while stealing their candy.

CM

gonefishiing July 24th 04 05:24 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

felton,
first i should say i did not support this war at its being.

assuming i buy your agrument for a few minutes
which, by the way, i don't.
....what would you propose as an alternative?

impotent dictator?
this impotent dictator has supported the very culture that these terrorists
live in and thrive on.
they didn't just materialize out of thin air with grenade launchers strapped
to their backs.

when reduced to it base issues - i see 2 possiblities (offer another)
damned if we do
damned if we don't

ask the people in the phillipines if they feel like " they got one over on
the terrorists" and "feel safer"
now there are more7 hostages.

i also disagree with the idea that we have done nothing to lessen the
threat.
the installation of a ( hopefully) more reasonable governing body, counter
to the culture that spawned terror is how it will happen, if at all.
and this is being done.
the threat is here forever.
the difference now is that it is recognized and can be adressed. (see 9/11
commission report for one example)

ok....how do we confront this problem to "lessen the threat"?
raffle humvees off in iraq?
food stamps?
welfare programs?
rock concerts for world peace?
give them ganz?

oh ......change our culture.
get rid of our sailboats?
get rid of our suv's?
get rid of our need for oil?
live in abject poverty?
and buy swords?

the points above are deliberate in their obvious absurdity
neither work.

the first relies on american arrogance/ignorance to buy our way. (its
happened before)
the second relies on changing american culture and trusting the terrorists.
(not likely)
a the third possiblity is we leave the middle east all together and
hide--it was impossible to do in the 20th century--still impossible in the
21st century.(which also means abandoning israel--do you really believe that
is possible?)

personally, i'd like to hear a dem. offer a possiblity rather than the
continued broad sweeping and overly general criticisms.
for me, this is how kerry has proven his inability to lead and that he is a
putz.

a registered dem in NY voting republican.
gf.

Jonathan Ganz July 24th 04 05:31 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

You are completely full of sh*t. Good news, you KF'd me.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Jonathan Ganz July 24th 04 05:31 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

Like your boyfriend?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com