BoatBanter.com

-   -   Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/20295-good-news-america-bad-news-democrats.html)

Vito July 12th 04 02:49 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats

"Bart Senior" wrote

I can think of a hundred thousand reasons why Saddam needed
to be stopped. Can you doubt it?

Then please share them with us. Frankly, I cannot come up with a single
reason that justifies cutting short the hunt for Bin Laden to run after
Saddam, let alone spend millions of dollars and hundreds of American lives -
not to mention Iraqis.

Vito July 12th 04 03:45 PM

afraid

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message
The entire USA should be afraid if they ever capture Bin Laden.....

I got into an arguement one morning when in the 5th grade. We decided to
fight afterschool. I was confident I'd win. But at lunch my opponant noted
that he was bigger and a year older and at recess that he was taller with a
longer reach. My confidence evaporated but I went to the appointed place
where half the school had congregated. After a long wait, another kid
brought a message: Joe's mother had picked him up unexpectedly so I'd have
to wait til tomarrow for my beating. I worried all night.

Next day brought more of the same. How much did I weigh? He was 10 pounds
heavier. How many chin-ups could I do? He could do more. Pushups? Same
answer. By days end I was terrified, but went to take my whupping like a
man. I was spared. Seems he's had to rush right home for martial arts
lessons on Wednesdays but would take care of me tomarrow. Oh jeeze, not
another day of fearing that beating ....

The truth finally dawned walking home - that kid was never going to show up!
He didn't have to! I'd let fear hurt me far more than he ever could.

Next day I told gossips that I was so scared I planned to sneak home early;
then I went by, caught him bragging about scaring me off, and whupped his
ass so bad his mama had the principal lecture me on the evil of violence.
The lecture didn't take (I've been a student of creative violence ever
since) but the kid's lesson did and thanks to him I was never afraid again.
In fact, I cannot understand people who are. The country is letting itself
get BS'd just like I had as a child. What can Al Quida do that's worse than
we are not already doing to ourselves out of fear? Kill a few of us? Jeeze,
1000s of our forefathers died to protect the freedoms we're so eager to
throw away just to feel safe. What will they say of us? Shameful cowards
who borrowed $trillions for them to pay interest on and accepted Stalinist
slavery just to feel safe? Shame on us!!

FamilySailor July 12th 04 03:50 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats

Frankly, I cannot come up with a single
reason that justifies cutting short the hunt for Bin Laden to run after
Saddam......

You honestly believe they stopped the search for Bin Laden? Don't you
remember all the reports where they thought they were closing in on him?
Talk about twisting! You must base what you believe is going on by what the
liberal press tells you. If you were on the inside and part of those seeking
Bin Laden you would not make such STUPID statements. Some of these post make
me laugh. The word "Blind" comes to mind.

Jonathan Ganz July 12th 04 06:34 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats

They didn't stop, but they didn't go after him full time either. Instead of
100K+ troops in Iraq, how about 100K troops in Afganistan??? Now
if that had happened, I could say Bu**** was actually doing something.
We only have about 10K troops "looking for BL." And, that includes
trying to keep Afganistan stable. What a joke.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Bobspirt July 12th 04 11:09 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats

That's bull****, and everyone who has read your carping knows it. If the US
had 100k troops in Afghanistan, you'd be carping about readiness elsewhere,
Pakistan's rights, etc.

Donal July 13th 04 12:07 AM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats

"FamilySailor" wrote in message

You honestly believe they stopped the search for Bin Laden? Don't you
remember all the reports where they thought they were closing in on him?
Talk about twisting! You must base what you believe is going on by what

the
liberal press tells you. If you were on the inside and part of those

seeking
Bin Laden you would not make such STUPID statements. Some of these post

make
me laugh. The word "Blind" comes to mind.

Do you really believe that Iraq hasn't distracted attention from the hunt
for Bin Laden?

The word "stupid" comes to mind..... so does the word "gullible" ..... along
with the phrase "two short planks".

Before the invasion of Iraq, we were told that Saddam had connections with
Bin Laden.

We now know that US administrations provided more support (financial and
technical) for Bin Laden than Iraq ever did.

Regards

Donal

Vito July 13th 04 06:04 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats

"FamilySailor" wrote in message
Frankly, I cannot come up with a single reason that justifies cutting

short the hunt for Bin Laden to run after
Saddam......

You honestly believe they stopped the search for Bin Laden? ....
...... If you were on the inside and part of those seeking
Bin Laden you would not make such STUPID statements.

You got the same grades in reading comprehention as Homer Simpson, eh? I
didn't say "stopped" I said "cut short" and if YOU were on the inside you'd
know that's exactly what happened - that "resources" who almost had O'Sammy
in hand were diverted to Iraq. Hmmm...??

FamilySailor July 13th 04 07:21 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats

They didn't stop, but they didn't go after him full time either. Instead
of
100K+ troops in Iraq, how about 100K troops in Afganistan??? Now
if that had happened, I could say Bu**** was actually doing something.
We only have about 10K troops "looking for BL." And, that includes
trying to keep Afganistan stable. What a joke.

Bush has 10,000 people looking for Bin Laden (one man) and you still want
more!!! Wow, you are pretty hard to please I would say.

I know you said they are also keeping Afghanistan stable, but they are
looking for ole Bin too.

FamilySailor July 13th 04 07:26 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats

You got the same grades in reading comprehention as Homer Simpson, eh?

DOHHHH!!!

I didn't say "stopped" I said "cut short" and if YOU were on the inside

you'd
know that's exactly what happened - that "resources" who almost had

O'Sammy
in hand were diverted to Iraq. Hmmm...??

Your right you said cut short. I guess it was cut down to only 10,000
soldiers according to Jonathan. 10,000 soldiers looking for ole Bin, or is
that O-bee-whan, use the force Luke. (I digress)

felton July 13th 04 08:28 PM

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:26:54 -0500, "FamilySailor" wrote:

You got the same grades in reading comprehention as Homer Simpson, eh?

DOHHHH!!!

I didn't say "stopped" I said "cut short" and if YOU were on the inside

you'd
know that's exactly what happened - that "resources" who almost had

O'Sammy
in hand were diverted to Iraq. Hmmm...??

Your right you said cut short. I guess it was cut down to only 10,000
soldiers according to Jonathan. 10,000 soldiers looking for ole Bin, or is
that O-bee-whan, use the force Luke. (I digress)

Which is fewer than the number of police officers in Manhattan, while
we sent 150,000 to get one man, Saddam, who had nothing to do with
9/11.

In case you have failed to notice, we haven't gotten bin Laden.