BoatBanter.com

-   -   Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/20295-good-news-america-bad-news-democrats.html)

Vito July 20th 04 02:23 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

"Dave" wrote
Do you not recall the Cuban missile crisis?

I do. Kruchev didn't like having our missiles in Turkey, etc., so he put
some of his own in Cuba. Finding them JFK blustered then caved in and pulled
our missiles back. Having gained his objectives, Kruchev took his home too.
JFK threw another bash for the US press and declared a victory ... and
that's how kids who weren't there remember it.

Vito July 20th 04 02:31 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

"Dave" wrote

Not obfuscating at all. What Hamilton said is that the doctrine of
enumerated powers on which you're relying doesn't apply in the area of
foreign relations. ...

But Daud, who cares what Hamilton thot? Madison and other Virginians wrote
the Constitution and better knew what it meant than some damnyankee who got
himself shot to death in a duel by the second most popular man in America,
VP Burr.

Vito July 20th 04 05:56 PM

"Dave" wrote in message
On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 09:31:09 -0400, "Vito" said:

But Daud, who cares what Hamilton thot? Madison and other Virginians

wrote
the Constitution and better knew what it meant than some damnyankee who

got
himself shot to death in a duel by the second most popular man in

America,
VP Burr.

I'm afraid you're demonstrating a profound ignorance of both history and
Constitutional jurisprudence.

Common debating ruse - if you cannot attack the truth attack the messenger.
Works well on the Homer Simpson crowd, as Bush has oft demonstrated.

Do you disagree that Jefferson, Madison, Monroe, et al authored most of the
Constitution? If so, who do you think did so? Hamilton?

Do you claim that Hamilton was not killed by Burr, who as VP had finished
second in the presidential election?

DSK July 20th 04 06:30 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

DSK said:
Plenary powers damn sure don't include threatening war with another
country.

Dave wrote:
You and I simply disagree on that point.

Yep. You can disagree with little ol' me all you want. But who does
history... and the written word of the Constitution... agree with?

If the President could simply start a war with another country any time
he felt like it, and making threats such as Joe described *would* start
a war, then lots of episodes in our history... such as Nixon's little
problem with bombing Cambodia or GWB's effort to convince Congress to
allow him to invade Iraq... would never have happened.

So there.

DSK

Vito July 21st 04 03:15 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

"Dave" wrote

best-known contribution to Constitutional jurisprudence was The Federalist
papers, written with Madison and Jay. My recollection is that Hamilton
authored the largest number of those papers, though I haven't sat down and
counted them. In urging approval of the document they spell out in great
detail the kind of government the draftsmen of the Constitution intended,

Are these what got him killed?

Jonathan Ganz July 21st 04 05:31 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

Class time was over for you a long time ago.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 10:15:49 -0400, "Vito" said:

Are these what got him killed?

Class time is over. You'll have to look it up as homework.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

Who goes duck hunting with Jamie Gorelick?

Jonathan Ganz July 21st 04 06:59 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

Woof. I thought it was quite thoughtful and bit funny,
but you're thin skin is getting in the way.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004 09:31:51 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
said:

Class time was over for you a long time ago.

And still another thoughtful contribution from Ganz.

You follow me around like a puppy dog, don't you, barking at every
opportunity?

Joe July 21st 04 10:05 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

"Vito" wrote

Yup, it's been tough watching neighbor kids getting killed.

Yup it is, just like it was on Normandy, Iwo Jima, Iran, the first
gulf war, ect defeating evil.

and our
retirement investment evaporate.

Gee mines up 25% this year..

Bush may have been a draft dodger himself
but he has no problem sendin our sons and daughters to die in Iraq or
spending our retirement funds to rebuild it.

Iraq is going to pay us back, dont get all upset.

Makes him real popular in
place like Moe's ....

Never been to Moe's. Is that were you hangout?

Joe

Jonathan Ganz July 21st 04 10:47 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

I thought mines are down....

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
Gee mines up 25% this year..

Vito July 22nd 04 02:34 PM

Good news for America is bad news for the Democrats -OT

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
"Vito" wrote

Yup, it's been tough watching neighbor kids getting killed.

Yup it is, just like it was on Normandy, Iwo Jima, Iran, the first
gulf war, ect defeating evil.

You choose to ignore major differences. Germany attacked our allies and sank
our ships and Japan attacked us directly. Together they had the will and
means to subjugate us had we not fought back. The Gulf War was fought to
push Iraq back out of Kuwait - a limited acheivable objective. Bush's
current folly is an open ended war with unacheivable objectives, more like
Vietnam than any other war we've got into. Like Vietnam, it will kill
hundreds then thousands of our best young men and suck up $billions while
our military makes do with aging weapon systems, until the shrub leaves
office and some intellegent president shuts the tap. Then Iraq will return
to being what it was before beause that's the only thing they know. Our
puppet governors are quickly learning that they'll have to act just like
Saddam or else be overthrown by somebody who does.

and our retirement investment evaporate.

Gee mines up 25% this year..

Mine too -- after loosing over 55% right after the shrub took office.

Iraq is going to pay us back, dont get all upset.

Bwahahahaha! Look, I got this bridge for sale .....

Never been to Moe's. ....

I'da swore I saw you and Homer Simpson there chearing Bush's last speech.