Michael

Default flag etiquette

Flags at the stern are flown at half mast for the requisite number of days.
Flying a national flag at half mast is a federal 'decision' not a local one.
So Podunk Corners, Heartland, USA cannot fly the federal flag at half mast
for a local hero. while flying 'Old Glory' at half mast for two state
department idiots who killed themselves in a car wreck in the former
Yugoslavia a number of years ago was perfectly fine.

For most yachts the flags are permanently fixed on the stern staffs. It's
moot at that point.

M.

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
How long do we fly the flag at half mast for pres. Reagan? A month?

What,
if anything do we do with a flag on a staff at the stern?

--
Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie

Bart Senior

I've been told 30 days.

How high will you fly the flag when Clinton dies?

I don't count him as a President.

I think I'll put it all the way up and celebrate for a month.

Scott Vernon wrote

How long do we fly the flag at half mast for pres. Reagan? A month?

What,
if anything do we do with a flag on a staff at the stern?

Horvath

On Tue, 06 Jul 2004 02:54:03 GMT, "Bart Senior"
wrote this crap:

I've been told 30 days.

How high will you fly the flag when Clinton dies?

I don't count him as a President.

I think I'll put it all the way up and celebrate for a month.

First count the silverware, and check the china.

Jonathan Ganz

Besides, Horass is only interested in faq etiquette.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote this crap:

I've been told 30 days.

How high will you fly the flag when Clinton dies?

I don't count him as a President.

I think I'll put it all the way up and celebrate for a month.

First count the silverware, and check the china.

Bobspirt

How long do we fly the flag at half mast for pres. Reagan?

http://suvcw.org/flag.htm

See Section 7 (m)
Scott Vernon

"Michael" wrote

For most yachts the flags are permanently fixed on the stern staffs.

It's
moot at that point.

As is mine. that's why I asked.

Scotty

Jonathan Ganz

I hope you do. Then, you'll get to spend some time with your
bottom buddies in prison.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

ink.net...

Single Handed Flag?? Steve Cruising 32 January 8th 04 05:06 PM
Flag etiquette Cheshire Cruising 40 January 3rd 04 11:25 PM
Which flag to fly ? Sven General 9 December 12th 03 11:02 PM