Bobsprit

Default motoring vs. sailing

When I returned home, I topped up
my boat's tank. It took ...drumroll, please ...wait for it

Well...it all depends on the weather, of course...and when and where you need
to be. I usually top off my tank once a season.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

I could see that, depending on where you're sailing. There are places
here that you'd be sailing the whole time and other places that have
no or light wind. 3 gallons is pretty good though. That lasts me a whole
season, but I only have a 4-horse engine.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
Donal the Winnebagoteau Captain claims that cruising in a sailboat
really consists of motoring 85% of the time. I just returned from
eight and a half days of cruising. When I returned home, I topped up
my boat's tank. It took ...drumroll, please ...wait for it

...3 gallons!

BB

Jonathan Ganz

Not in this area. I know plenty of people who never don't
even own an engine.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

wrote in message
On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:01:05 -0700, "Jonathan Ganz"
wrote:

I could see that, depending on where you're sailing. There are places
here that you'd be sailing the whole time and other places that have
no or light wind. 3 gallons is pretty good though. That lasts me a whole
season, but I only have a 4-horse engine.

Do you know anyone besides Dourinal, who claim to be sailors with
sailboats, that use their motor 85% of the time when cruising?

BB

Scott Vernon

"Bobsprit" wrote

I usually top off my tank once a day.

RB

Scott Vernon

what key. There is no KEY on my sailing yacht.

Scotty

"Nav" wrote in message
You lost the key?
:P
Cheers

wrote in message

Donal the Winnebagoteau Captain claims that cruising in a sailboat
really consists of motoring 85% of the time. I just returned from
eight and a half days of cruising. When I returned home, I topped up
my boat's tank. It took ...drumroll, please ...wait for it

...3 gallons!

BB

Scott Vernon

OzOne wrote in message ...
On 29 Jun 2004 22:28:26 GMT, "Scott Vernon"
scribbled thusly:

"Bobsprit" wrote

I usually top off my tank once a day.

RB

My wife tops off her tank any time the sun shines.

oiy

Scott Vernon

OzOne wrote in message ...
On 29 Jun 2004 22:46:41 GMT, "Scott Vernon"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message

On 29 Jun 2004 22:28:26 GMT, "Scott Vernon"
scribbled thusly:

"Bobsprit" wrote

I usually top off my tank once a day.

RB

My wife tops off her tank any time the sun shines.

oiy

Yep, she likes a nipple or two.

me too.

Flying Tadpole

OzOne wrote:

On 29 Jun 2004 22:28:26 GMT, "Scott Vernon"
scribbled thusly:

"Bobsprit" wrote

I usually top off my tank once a day.

RB

My wife takes off her top any time the sun shines.

Ah. A Sydney girl.
--
Flying Tadpole

Break Away, Sail Away and putz away