Bobspirt

Default Loco Loves Clinton

You're the racist not I. You claim that minorities and women on welfare
are the problem. You're an asshole = name calling, which is fine with me.

Jonathan, watching this debate from afar, it is clear that you need to adjust
your tactics from knee-jerk name calling, to include a bit more analysis.
Horvath

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:32:29 GMT, "Wolfie" wrote
this crap:

Horvath wrote:

Every year Clinton was in office, we owed more money.

Bush ran a higher deficit in one year than Clinton's total for
all eight years of his term.

So what? Nobody claimed George W. Bush was running a surplus.

Horvath

On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:29:24 GMT, "Wolfie" wrote
this crap:

So what do you call it when the government brings in more
than $200M more in taxes than it spends?

It didn't happen. When you owe more than you did the year before, one
of three things happened:

1. You didn't bring in enough.

2. You spent too much.

3. Both

Pick One.

Jonathan Ganz

I pick #3.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:29:24 GMT, "Wolfie" wrote
this crap:

So what do you call it when the government brings in more
than $200M more in taxes than it spends?

It didn't happen. When you owe more than you did the year before, one
of three things happened:

1. You didn't bring in enough.

2. You spent too much.

3. Horass has tits.

Pick One.

Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Nicht so. Achtung!

Ich bin falsch gewesen.

Max

Wolfie

Horvath wrote:
On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 12:29:24 GMT, "Wolfie" wrote
this crap:

So what do you call it when the government brings in more
than $200M more in taxes than it spends?

It didn't happen. When you owe more than you did the year before, one
of three things happened:

1. You didn't bring in enough.

2. You spent too much.

3. Both

4. You said, "Hey, I have to pay my taxes next year, so I'm going to
put $1,000 under my mattress. When I come back to get it, it will
be $1,500, not $1,000." And, of course, you also looked under
your mattress a couple of days later for the $600 you put there last
year, and -- surprise, surprise -- it's now $1,000, not $600, and
magically multiplied just like you thought it would. Of course, since
you owe *yourself* $500 more than you had, your debt went up.
All while you brought in more than you paid out.

Let's make this simple:
You have a budget for $250 income a week. You spend $100 on
rent, $70 on a car payment, $50 on food, and $20 on gas each
week. The other $10 you put into savings for a vacation. One
week, your car needs an oil change, which costs $9. That
week, you put only $1 into savings -- you don't have any more.
But you owe *yourself* $9. So, for that week, your "debt"
went up -- by $9 -- all while you made $250 and spent $249.
Easy enough, and not an uncommon scenario at all. Same thing
with the government series securities -- they buy a security from
themselves with the promise they'll make it up later when the
security is due at the higher value.