John Cairns

Default You get the funniest things in the mail.

http://community.webshots.com/album/152689402iXjZld

It was fine when "Sail" sold my name and I got a free gps, but this is going
a little too far. I feel that sailors are under represented, so I will be
doing my utmost to attend, and urge the President to offer tax breaks to
sailors, let's say, a $50000 tax credit for sailboat owners.
John Cairns

John Cairns

Page 3 "hope you will join President Bush and First Lady Laura Bush, and
Republican congressional leaders"
http://www.dcconvention.com/meeting/...lroom_0304.asp
I will guess that your $2500 gets you a seat somewhere in the hall, maybe
even a nosebleed seat in the balcony. I'm half-tempted to send a check off,
if I don't get clearance to attend I'm sure they'd have to refund my money,
right
[...]

John Cairns

"A.Melon" wrote in message
news:f22a2fce16fc4746499e7c467473b6cd@melontraffic kers.com...
Bush needs more money for correct-the-record ads to fight back against
all the lying "independent" ads from anti-Bush groups that are anything
but independent. 527's like Moveon.org make hateful ridiculous ads
about Bush, but simpletons like Bobsprit fall for that kind of crap.
You can't cure all liberal ignorance, but you have to try.

So, I can expect a check in the mail? BTW, have you received your invitation
yet?
John Cairns

A.Melon

Bush needs more money for correct-the-record ads to fight back against
all the lying "independent" ads from anti-Bush groups that are anything
but independent. 527's like Moveon.org make hateful ridiculous ads
about Bush, but simpletons like Bobsprit fall for that kind of crap.
You can't cure all liberal ignorance, but you have to try.

Arizona Republic:

'Now, unregulated funds are flowing to the "527" groups, which are
named for the section of the federal law that authorizes their tax-
exempt status.

Three organizations in particular, all supportive of Kerry, are raising
and spending tens of millions. All of them are claiming, with a wink
and a nod, that they are doing so wholly independent of the Kerry
election effort. In effect, they now constitute a "shadow" Democratic
Party. Power now is in the hands of who knows who.

How, exactly, are voters to hold, say, a group like MoveOn.org to
account if it chooses to use its newfound millions from people like
liberal financier George Soros to employ dirty campaign tricks? The
answer is simply that they cannot. Thanks, FEC.

The FEC's decision effectively has voided campaign finance reform for
this election cycle. Republicans, who have held off organizing their
own soft-money campaigns until the FEC ruled on 527 organizations, have
declared that all bets now are off. They are organizing efforts to run
unregulated funds through groups like the Republican Governors
Association.

As a result of its cowardice, the commission has made soft-money
campaign contributions even more difficult to track and control than
before the reforms.'

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...cles/0518tue1-
18.html

Walt

"A.Melon" wrote:

Bush needs more money for correct-the-record ads...

Bush needs more money because he's spent it like an [ob]sailor on shore
leave and is running out.

His burn rate is astonishingly high.* He's already spent over $128M
(out of the $200M he's raised) as of the beginning of May.** Seems he
has applied the same fiscal discipline to running his campaign as he has
to running the country.

I mean, the Bush campaign actually sent me an autographed glossy
photograph of dear leader semi-suitable for framing and personally
endorsed to Walt Askier. Hello? If they're so cluless about whom to
ask for money that they're wasting resources asking me, they're just
about as clueless as they come.

--
//-Walt
//

*http://msnbc.msn.com/id/4751584/
**
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...-new-ads_x.htm
John Cairns

"A.Melon" wrote in message
news:f22a2fce16fc4746499e7c467473b6cd@melontraffic kers.com...
Bush needs more money for correct-the-record ads to fight back against

"A. Melon"? Like, a fruit? Now I get it, you're one of those "Log Cabin
Republicans", right? Must be tough having to support Bush when he doesn't
support you! Most folks in these parts wouldn't hold it against you, it's
not necessary to post anonymously.
..
John Cairns

Jonathan Ganz

Yeah, it's a bummer when someone actually tells the truth. Bad for
business.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com