Flying Tadpole

Default How many anchors ?

OzOne wrote:

On 9 Jun 2004 15:49:04 -0700, (Joe) scribbled
thusly:

I hate mud BTW, always makes a mess.

Easy fix,
Set up a salt water pump and a short hose stored in the chain locker.

Easier fix, remove your bow.
http://www.ace.net.au/schooner/LKsail.htm and search for "spa
bath"

--
Flying Tadpole

-------------------------
Faint echoes, sometimes inaudible, of the newsgroup's glorious
past are downloadable at http://music.download.com/internetopera
Bobsprit

Do you have?

4, all Danforths.

And with Scotti Potty's boat that makes 5!

RB
SAIL LOCO

I have 1 Fortress FX-11.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
Bobsprit

I have 1 Fortress FX-11.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

To tie up to piers? Strange!

You think that's strange? He also has a big Avon Dinghy that he NEVER uses!

RB
SAIL LOCO

To tie up to piers? Strange!

No, to do committee boat once in a while.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Donal

"Joe" wrote in message
m...
I keep my folding grappel in the lazzerte, on deck and ready to
deploy in the channels. It's the emergency brake.

If you obeyed the Coll Regs, then you shouldn't need an " emergency"
brake!!

Regards

Donal

Bobsprit

Scotty Potty wrote...

"I'm as dumb as a plain donut."

Agreed!

RB
Donal

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
"Donal" wrote

If you obeyed the Coll Regs, then you shouldn't need an " emergency"
brake!!

That's just plain dumb, Donut.

How many times have you deployed an anchor as the result of an emergency?

I've never been in a situation where the anchor could have averted a
difficult situation. The closest that I came was on a friend's boat when
the engine overheated in Portsmouth Harbour. We had the main up in a couple
of seconds. If we had deployed the anchor, we would have become a hazard to
other boats.

Regards

Donal

Scott Vernon

"Donal" wrote

If you obeyed the Coll Regs, then you shouldn't need an " emergency"
brake!!

That's just plain dumb, Donut.

How many times have you deployed an anchor as the result of an emergency?

Me? never, but we were talking about Joe.

I've never been in a situation where the anchor could have averted a
difficult situation.

I'm glad for you. Really. But that doesn't mean it won't happen. Do you
know what the Boy Scout motto is?

The closest that I came was on a friend's boat when
the engine overheated in Portsmouth Harbour. We had the main up in a

couple
of seconds.

What if there hadn't been any wind? with strong cross current? What if you
were like bob**** and didn't know how to sail?

If we had deployed the anchor, we would have become a hazard to
other boats.

more so than normal?

Scotty

Regards