Vito

Default Kerry in trouble! NYC & DC gone!

"Maxprop" wrote

...... A one megaton nuke set off in NYC or Washington, DC,
with substantial damage to the infrastructure (not to mention the
population) could put this country in a depression ....

As hard as it may be for those who live in or love NY and DC, the loss of
both might well benefit the country! There'd be a lot of hand wringing but
what does either city produce that America wouldn't be better off without?
Tons of garbage and hundreds of mindles laws and edicts every day? A new
president would take over and form a temporary gummymint IAW a cold-war law
designed to deal with exactly such an event and the nation would go on much
like nothing had happened. States would appoint new Congressmen and Senators
til permanent ones, and a president, could be elected and a year later it'd
be Life as Usual. It'd be a shame if all our historic papers were lost, not
to mention the lives, but who'd miss NYC or DC per se?

Joe

Default Kerry in trouble!

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
I don't buy it. We would survive and perhaps be stronger in the very
long run. Usama might agree that it would be a win, but ultimately
it wouldn't be.

I dont buy it either. Did the attack on pearl harbor cause a
depression?. If those slack dick terrorist try to pull off here what
they did in spain its going to backfire on them bigtime. Americans
like the way president bush has delt with terrorist, he going to keep
on them until they are all dead or rotting at Gitmo.

Joe

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
news

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Maxy, terrorism can't win by definition.

We all seem to be having a problem defining "win." But be rest assured

that
terrorism can destroy. A one megaton nuke set off in NYC or Washington,

DC,
with substantial damage to the infrastructure (not to mention the
population) could put this country in a depression so deep it conceivably
could not recover. The stock markets would collapse and commerce would
grind to a near-standstill. You may not call that a "win," but I'll bet

bin
Laden might.

Max

DSK

Joe wrote:
I dont buy it either. Did the attack on pearl harbor cause a
depression?

Good rhetorical question.

Why is the tremendous amount of spending on the war in Iraq not helping
the economy more? I don't really know, but I can offer a couple of
possibilities, none of which look good for Bush/Cheney.

.. If those slack dick terrorist try to pull off here what
they did in spain its going to backfire on them bigtime. Americans
like the way president bush has delt with terrorist, he going to keep
on them until they are all dead or rotting at Gitmo.

You mean like the ones that have been let go, after over a year in jail,
because there is no reason to assume they were ever terrorists?

If President Bush and his administration were in fact going after
terrorists, I'd applaud their efforts. But they are not, they are
pursuing incredibly huge profits (and even that is not enough, as
evidenced by Halliburton's ~$90 million overcharges) while ignoring the
defense of the country.

DSK

Scott Vernon

"Vito" wrote ...
" but who'd miss NYC or DC per se?

not me. could we put San Fran on the list, also?

DSK

"Vito" wrote ...
" but who'd miss NYC or DC per se?

Scott Vernon wrote:
not me. could we put San Fran on the list, also?

Agreed. But just get rid of them? We should see if we could trade 'em
for, say, Singapore, Rio, and ummm... trying to think of another big
city I've liked...

DSK

Scott Vernon

"DSK" wrote in message
"Vito" wrote ...
" but who'd miss NYC or DC per se?

Scott Vernon wrote:
not me. could we put San Fran on the list, also?

Agreed. But just get rid of them? We should see if we could trade 'em
for, say, Singapore, Rio, and ummm... trying to think of another big
city I've liked...

Boston, Baltimore? oops, same city.

Maxprop

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

But be rest assured that
terrorism can destroy.

FLASH!!!! This just in!!! Terrorism can destroy!
Also: Reagan still dead and water remains wet!
Standby for more exciting Maxipad updates!

Nothing of substance to say. Nothing to refute statements you know are
right. You're boring, Bubbles.

Max

Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

I don't buy it. We would survive and perhaps be stronger in the very
long run.

In whose lifetime? Do you invest in the market, Ganz? Do you honestly
believe there would be anything left for your retirement following such an
attack? If so, invest away, and good luck.

If you really believe your statement (above) why not supply al Qaeda with a
nuke or three to *strengthen* the US in the long run?

Max

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
news

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Maxy, terrorism can't win by definition.

We all seem to be having a problem defining "win." But be rest assured

that
terrorism can destroy. A one megaton nuke set off in NYC or Washington,

DC,
with substantial damage to the infrastructure (not to mention the
population) could put this country in a depression so deep it

conceivably
could not recover. The stock markets would collapse and commerce would
grind to a near-standstill. You may not call that a "win," but I'll bet

bin
Laden might.

Max

Maxprop

"DSK" wrote in message

Joe wrote:
I dont buy it either. Did the attack on pearl harbor cause a
depression?

Good rhetorical question.

Why is the tremendous amount of spending on the war in Iraq not helping
the economy more?

Probably because we don't have a tangible enemy, as we did in WWII. We are
jousting with shadows, and not inflicting much damage in the so-called "war
on terrorism." Might as well be ****ing platinum down the toilet. Tangible
results and benefits have positive effects on an economy. Note how the
stock market bumped when the statue of Saddam was torn down. Also note how
it has fluctuated every time bad news from the Iraqi front airs.

Max