Bob Crantz

Default Kerry in trouble!

Source: Newsmax
URL Source: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...7/101857.shtml
Published: Jun 7, 2004
Author: Carl Limbacher & Newsmax

Sen. John Kerry's former presidential campaign manager said Monday that he'd
been "dreading" the prospect of Ronald Reagan's death because it was likely
to give President Bush a major political boost.

"I've been dreading this every election year for three cycles," said Jim
Jordan, who resigned from the Kerry campaign last year, in comments to the
New York Times. "Bush has totally attached himself to Ronald Reagan. He's
going to turn Reagan into his own verifier."

Kerry campaign aides said they hoped the political impact of Reagan's death
would fade by the summer, but top Republicans believe that many Americans
will view Bush as the Republican icon's rightful political heir.

"The parallels are there. I don't know how you miss them," Republican
National Committee chief Ed Gillespie told the Times, an apparent reference
to the fact that the hallmarks of both the Bush and Reagan presidencies have
been strengthening national defense and cutting taxes.

Another problem for the Kerry campaign: Kerry himself was a staunch Reagan
critic who worked hard at undermining the 40th president's anti-communist
initiatives.

As an early backer of the nuclear freeze movement, Kerry made common cause
with European leftists who denounced Reagan as a reckless cowboy for
countering Soviet SS-20 missile emplacements in Eastern Europe with U.S.
Pershing IIs.

More dramatically, Kerry made a highly publicized trip to Nicaragua in 1985
to offer support for Soviet-backed Sandinista leader Daniel Ortega. A photo
documenting the episode shows Kerry shaking the hand of Ortega, who flew off
to Moscow the next week to cement military ties with the Politboro.

Kerry even criticized Reagan for being too aggressive in the war on
terrorism, blasting him for bombing Libyan dictator Col. Gadhafi's
presidential compound in 1986 after Gadhafi had been linked to an attack on
a Berlin disco frequented by U.S. troops.

In a 1986 letter unearthed by radio host Sean Hannity for his recent book,
"Deliver Us from Evil," Kerry wrote:

"It is obvious that our response was not proportional to the disco bombing
and even violated the Administration's own guidelines to hit clearly defined
terrorist targets, thereby minimizing the risk to innocent civilians."

Kerry added that it was a "mistake" for Reagan to have targeted the "head of
state of another country - no matter how repugnant we find the leader."

"We are not going to solve the problem of terrorism with this kind of
retaliation," he concluded.

Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

Can you see that the "Might is right" philosophy of the US has lead to
the only retaliation available to those lacking in might.
The terrorist has been spawned under this philosophy and grew stronger
every time the US exerted its might.

You may be right, but unfortunately there is no turning back now. One of
two outcomes will prevail: 1) might will triumph over terrorism, or 2)
terrorism will triumph over might and destroy the USA.

Kerry was correct.

Kerry probably never had an original thought in his career. He's little
more than just another corrupt politician.

Max.

Horvath

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 09:38:17 +1000, OzOne wrote this crap:

Can you see that the "Might is right" philosophy of the US has lead to
the only retaliation available to those lacking in might.

Uh... What happened to negotiations?

The terrorist has been spawned under this philosophy and grew stronger
every time the US exerted its might.

Kerry was correct.

Were you born this stupid? Or do you study?

Jonathan Ganz

You're a freak. However, if Carter should die, we could re-elect
Hillary no problem.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bob Crantz" wrote in message
link.net...
Source: Newsmax
URL Source: http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2...7/101857.shtml
Published: Jun 7, 2004

Jonathan Ganz

Maxy, terrorism can't win by definition.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

OzOne wrote in message

Can you see that the "Might is right" philosophy of the US has lead to
the only retaliation available to those lacking in might.
The terrorist has been spawned under this philosophy and grew stronger
every time the US exerted its might.

You may be right, but unfortunately there is no turning back now. One of
two outcomes will prevail: 1) might will triumph over terrorism, or 2)
terrorism will triumph over might and destroy the USA.

Kerry was correct.

Kerry probably never had an original thought in his career. He's little
more than just another corrupt politician.

Max.

felton

Author: Carl Limbacher & Newsmax

Sen. John Kerry's former presidential campaign manager said Monday that he'd
been "dreading" the prospect of Ronald Reagan's death because it was likely
to give President Bush a major political boost.

snip

Hard for me to imagine that happening. Watching Bush fumbling around
Europe, getting his ass kicked everywhere he goes, including the
Vatican, is probably what killed Reagan. Someone accidentally left
CNN on and he was heard to mutter, "what an idiot" and keeled over.

Although actually from Connecticut, Bush needs to think back to his
days in Texas and get a rodeo clown or two to distract the angry bulls
while he tries to escape. Reagan dying sure won't do it.
Maxprop

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message

Maxy, terrorism can't win by definition.

We all seem to be having a problem defining "win." But be rest assured that
terrorism can destroy. A one megaton nuke set off in NYC or Washington, DC,
with substantial damage to the infrastructure (not to mention the
population) could put this country in a depression so deep it conceivably
could not recover. The stock markets would collapse and commerce would
grind to a near-standstill. You may not call that a "win," but I'll bet bin
Laden might.

Max

Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 03:02:55 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

You may be right, but unfortunately there is no turning back now. One of
two outcomes will prevail: 1) might will triumph over terrorism, or 2)
terrorism will triumph over might and destroy the USA.

Actually I see the third option,
that it will all die down after a regrettably long time with an
horrendous loss of life.

You could be right, but I'd tend to doubt that outcome considering the
degree of fanatacism of the current crop of Islamic radicals or our current
president.

Max

Bobsprit

But be rest assured that
terrorism can destroy.

FLASH!!!! This just in!!! Terrorism can destroy!
Also: Reagan still dead and water remains wet!
Standby for more exciting Maxipad updates!

RB
Jonathan Ganz

I don't buy it. We would survive and perhaps be stronger in the very
long run. Usama might agree that it would be a win, but ultimately
it wouldn't be.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com