Vito

Default Divine Definition

"EdGordonRN" wrote
Then obviously that's not what I meant with the term Christ, and neither

did
Jesus. The Jews were simply wrong about Christ, weren't they.

Yeshuah (phonetic spelling) never used the word "christ". It's Greek. He
spoke Aramaic, as did all his neighbors.

Prophets had been predicting a "messiah" who, like Saul and David, would
whip up on their enemies. Most said this messiah would be born of a union of
the house of David and of his high priest. Joseph decended from David and
Mary (modern names) from the priest making Yeshuah a prime candidate.
Moreover astrologers (the 3 wise guys) predicted a new king's birth at the
time Yeshuah was born, so many Jews hoped or feared the messiah had come.
There is no record of Yeshuah claiming to be this messiah, and history
clearly shows he was not (He didn't whup up on Rome). Nor did he ever claim
to be the son of god. He was a very conservative Jew and that would have
been a heresy. In fact, his desciples tried to kill Saul when he proposed
that notion. That's why he had to hide out and change his name to Paul.

Where do you get these ideas? Certainly not from history.

God tells me. Compete with that!

If you are not pulling our legs, I recommend you seek psychological help
ASAP. Having "the voices" tell you things is a sign of serious and possibly
dangerous mental illness that can be controlled.

Donal

"Vito" wrote in message
If you are not pulling our legs, I recommend you seek psychological help
ASAP. Having "the voices" tell you things is a sign of serious and

possibly
dangerous mental illness that can be controlled.

This may well be true in the case of GWB, however most believers will
understand that "Thou shalt not kill."

Anybody who claims to be killing on behalf of God, is by definition, a liar.

Regards

Donal