BoatBanter.com

-   -   Yacht Clubs--a mistake (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19780-yacht-clubs-mistake.html)

Scott Vernon May 20th 04 12:26 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

"Bobsprit" wrote ...
My wife needed a job because I'm a lazy fat slob .

RB

Bobsprit May 20th 04 12:32 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

"Bobsprit" wrote ...
My wife needed a job because I'm a lazy fat slob .

Scotty. Read what you typed again. Aren't you the least bit ashamed to be still
doing this? It's really sad and only highlights how bitter you are. Do you need
a hug?

RB

Scott Vernon May 20th 04 12:41 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Yes.

"Bobsprit" wrote

I need a rug?

Bobsprit May 20th 04 12:45 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Yes.

Oh boy. Did you get your boat in the water and sailing?

RB

Vito May 20th 04 01:27 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

"EdGordonRN" wrote
I'm all about building the kingdom of God on earth ....

Ahhh .... Errrr.... Which god are we talking about?

Joe May 20th 04 03:16 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
But if you've ever been touched by the spirit, you know it's not that
simple. Faith is the opposite of blind trust.

Faith IS blind trust, regardless of your other comments. You've never been
touched by a spirit, though you may actually believe that.
It's easy to see why religion kills so many.

RB

No its not.

There arises in all of us, of any culture, universal feelings of right
and wrong. Even a thief gets upset and feels wronged when someone
steals from him. If someone violently grabs a child from a family and
rapes that child, there is an anger and revulsion and a rage to
confront that act as evil, regardless of the culture. Where did we get
this sense of wrongness Blobster? How do we explain a universal law in
the conscience of all people that says murder for fun is wrong?

And in areas like courage, dying for a cause, love, dignity, duty and
compassion, where did these come from? If people are merely products
of physical evolution, "survival of the fittest," why do we sacrifice
for each other(blobster excluded)? Where did we get this inner sense
of right and wrong? Our conscience can best be explained by a loving
Creator who cares about the decisions and harmony of humanity.

Or how about that perfect sunrise or sunset that awakens your soul.
Ever have that feeling inside of awe. Must of been something you ate
huh?

Poor blobster. All alone....

Joe

Joe May 20th 04 03:30 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
But if you've ever been touched by the spirit, you know it's not that
simple. Faith is the opposite of blind trust.

Faith IS blind trust, regardless of your other comments. You've never been
touched by a spirit,

Yes I have. And it has nothing to do with religion.

though you may actually believe that.

No. I know it.

It's easy to see why religion kills so many.

It's easier to see why ignorance kills more.

Joe

RB

Walt May 20th 04 03:50 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Horvath wrote:

We have a quarter mile of the best beach in the midwest,

On Lake Erie? Are you are actually saying that the best beach in the
midwest is on Lake friggin' Erie ten milles from Toledo and within sight
of the power plants?

You're even more delusional than I thought.

--
//-Walt
//

Bobsprit May 20th 04 04:26 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

There arises in all of us, of any culture, universal feelings of right
and wrong.

One of my very closest friends is a detective here in NY. If you think people
have an inate understanding of morality and ethics, you are badly mistaken.
We don't need religion to teach right from wrong, anymore than we need to bring
back Greek mythology.
I was raised by a scientific family who taught me the rules of nature 1st and
morality second.

RB

Bobsprit May 20th 04 04:27 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Our conscience can best be explained by a loving
Creator who cares about the decisions and harmony of humanity.

WE created religion and the belief in god, not the other way around.

RB