BoatBanter.com

-   -   Yacht Clubs--a mistake (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/19780-yacht-clubs-mistake.html)

Joe May 20th 04 11:31 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
The "terrorists" faith seems to have been true.

But the spirt was rotten and festered.

That's what they think about your faith. Both sides are wrong. ALL faith is
rotten.

RB

OK science boy. Einstien said "for every action there is an equal and
opposite reation"

On those lines you must admit if there is good then there is bad.
Good spirt, bad spirts.

For every yin there is a yan.

How can you have good if you do not have bad?
You make the choice of which you want to follow.
You have an inate understanding of good and bad.

Faith had nothing to do with MP's snapping tasteless pictures of Iraqi
prisioners. Its has more to do with earthly
hate,stupity,pride,arrogance,bragging ect.. IMO.

Damn blobster you have no clue do you?

Joe

Joe May 20th 04 11:33 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
You have read it here folks, they are both as low as whale ****. And
thats on the bottom of the ocean.

Actually, whale excrement floats.

RB

Whale vomit floats, used for years in the production of perfume. Whale **** sinks.

Joe

Bobsprit May 20th 04 11:43 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

OK science boy. Einstien said "for every action there is an equal and
opposite reation"

On those lines you must admit if there is good then there is bad.
Good spirt, bad spirts.

Not correct. Einstein spoke of physics and energy, not abstract beliefs. You
score a 0 for attempting to assign values mathamatical levels.
If you truly want to use science here, then consider that thought is
electro-chemical in nature and being "right or wrong" both operate within the
same limits.
Doesn't say much for any god, now does it?

RB

Bobsprit May 20th 04 11:44 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Whale vomit floats, used for years in the production of perfume. Whale ****
sinks.

Whale **** floats and Ambergis is not vomit.

RB

Bobsprit May 20th 04 11:56 PM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

He, on the
other hand, attacks me.

If I had realised that you suffered from a "victim" mentality, then I would
have ignored you completely.

Donal, we can discuss beliefs without taking it to a personal level. I respect
you for two reasons: 1-You sail. 2- You seem to have a sense of humor. There's
really very little else I can tell from what's written here, but in this group
you MUST have those two items to survive.
Ultimately, I believe that the key reason people continue to believe in god is
because they are unable to cope with the idea of dying; of not being. The
control commanded by various religions is totally based on a promised "quality
of afterlife." Meanwhile, our biology and real world efforts are clearly geared
to the reality of a final and complete end.
If that seems sad, consider that many wonderful things (Roses, sunsets, the
life of a beloved dog) all end quickly, making them all the more special. We
need not invent a heaven for them, or ourselves.

RB

Wally May 21st 04 12:03 AM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

Donal wrote:

I believe that one of my three options is currently "in vogue" with
the scienticic community.

Is that the same as saying that those hypotheses that don't agree with the
fashionable one have been falsified?

Furthermore, scientists will produce
evidence, backed up by observation, to prove that their theory is
correct.

Are there other scientists that will produce different evidence to prove
that *their* theory is correct?

So I think that the question *can* be answered in terms
that are generally acceptable.

You can tell someone that the sun is warm, and prove it by standing them in
the sun to feel its warmth. If I tell somone that god made the universe, how
do I show him or make him experience it? Ditto for a big bang or a cyclical
thing that has always been.

The universe is big.

Really big.

Honest, I'm not kidding.

We're sitting here on our speck of molten iron, throwing radio stations into
space, while we shoot around in something that is flabbergastingly huge. I'm
a little skeptical of the notion that we've acquired enough data to go
making proclamations of how it all began, or whether it did or didn't begin
at all.

--
Wally
www.forthsailing.com

Bobsprit May 21st 04 12:06 AM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

As I pointed out, reigious folk tend to seek out a
dangerous and hurtful position.

That comment is hurtful!

But it's an honest observation. Religious people do one of the following when
questioned about their faith:
1) They kill
2) They attempt to belittle the independent thinker, attempting to kill the
idea.
3) They shun the person.
4) They try to force their ideas on the person.
I'm not saying you do these things, though your posts indicate that you might.
The true moral highground is not tolerance, it's wholehearted acceptance. Some
of my best friends are religious. We've gently exchanged ideas and philosophy
and moved on. If I'm right about it all, I'll never get to say "told ya so." If
I'm wrong, maybe god will explain why his "creation" is so poorly crafted. If
the Rages of Injustice equal power in heaven, I'll have his job...and one
"hell" of a sailboat.....A Swan 40 with the interior of a Swan 100 perhaps.

RB

Bobsprit May 21st 04 12:15 AM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

I'm prepared to discuss the issue on a purely scientific basis.

Honestly, Donal, I don't get the impression that you are prepared at all.

RB

Bobsprit May 21st 04 12:19 AM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

The difference is, I had the strength of character to question it.

But - you didn't question it, did you?

Of course I questioned it, point by point, years ago, again and again and
through many debates and discussions. I made a decision, based on my control of
fear. Fear is what drives all religion of course. That is what takes character.
When 98% of the world believe in God and Santa, I've hardly taken the easy
route. And I take FULL resposnibility for my actions. Again, character. You'd
better think again and remember the word "flock." It says it all.

RB

Bobsprit May 21st 04 12:21 AM

Yacht Clubs--a mistake

I've seen and felt it blobster.

Sure you have. When you learn to converse with respect and dignity, perhaps
someone might believe you.
At the moment you sound angry and spiteful. I wish you well with your issues.

RB