JAXAshby

Default aerial photo Cape Hatteras

"rational" and "jeff" are never combined in the same sentence without a
negative modifier.

What were you saying, other than you were lost at Cape Hatteras? The shoals
extend out 9 miles. The very visible lighthouse is another 5 miles beyond
that.
With 3 GPS's and Loran on board, how could you possibly be so confused that
you
were within 20 seconds of turning back?

As for "not charted," what do you think the meaning of "Hydrography is not
charted on Diamond Shoals due to the changeable nature of the area.
Navigation
in the area is extremely hazardous to all types of craft."? If you ever
looked
at a chart of the area you might know this.

This is why you couldn't possibly have been within 10 miles of the picture
you
posted jaxie. You're still lost!!! What a Putz!

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
thanks for the photo. It shows what I was saying.

As for the area not being charted, you yourself posted the chart for the

area
in question two days ago.

have another sundowner, jeff.

OK, here's an "aerial photograph" taken by the Apollo 9 astronauts.

http://www.najaco.com/space/apollo/p...1/10075069.htm

For scale, the long beach from C Hatteras (to the right of center) and C
Lookout
(bottom left) is about 60 miles long. One can clear see Diamond Shoals
extending 9 miles off of Hatteras. Since the shoals are not charted, it

is
not
wise to cross them.

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Yes, I *do* know where I was.

The why did you post a picture of 10 miles away and point out how

dangerous
it
looks? You're still lost!

I was somewhere you have never been within
33,000 vertical feet of.

If you ever figure out where that was, do tell us!

DSK

Jeff Morris wrote:

As for "not charted," what do you think the meaning of "Hydrography is not
charted on Diamond Shoals due to the changeable nature of the area. Navigation
in the area is extremely hazardous to all types of craft."? If you ever looked
at a chart of the area you might know this.

He may have been busy adjusting his compass for the local magnetic disturbance just
north of there

This is why you couldn't possibly have been within 10 miles of the picture you
posted jaxie. You're still lost!!! What a Putz!

Sometimes he doesn't even know what newsgroup he's posting to.

DSK

JAXAshby

ain't it nice that those who have never even flown over an area by jetliner are
more knowledgeable than a career merchant marine with a couple decades ocean
racing experience who has sailed through the area under discussion a number of
timess?

yeah, nice.
DSK

JAXAshby wrote:

.... a career merchant marine with a couple decades ocean
racing experience who has sailed through the area under discussion a number of
timess?

If he was with 4 or 5 miles of shore around Cape Hattaras, he was wading, not
sailing.

DSK

Donal

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
For jeffies who thinks rounding Cape Hatteras but staying to the west of

the
Gulf Stream is a piece of cake

You found the Gulf Stream?????? Congratulations!!

Regards

Donal

Jeff Morris

I've been there, perhaps more than you. The difference is I always know where I
am.

Only Jax would be dumb enough to post a picture of the shoals ten miles away
from where he was.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
ain't it nice that those who have never even flown over an area by jetliner

are
more knowledgeable than a career merchant marine with a couple decades ocean
racing experience who has sailed through the area under discussion a number of
timess?

yeah, nice.

JAXAshby

I've been there, perhaps more than you.

sure you have. That's why you know the area so well.

Only Jax would be dumb enough to post a picture of the shoals ten miles away
from where he was.

dumb? I got you to post a picture I couldn't find that showed exactly what I
was saying was in fact the case.

DSK

JAXAshby wrote:
dumb? I got you to post a picture I couldn't find that showed exactly what I
was saying was in fact the case.

Really? In that case, where are the rocks?

DSK

Suzy Brody

See the rocks?

JAX

RADAR AERIAL MAST Rob Electronics 8 April 28th 04 04:46 AM
Cape May to the Chesapeake Sandy K. Cruising 16 March 11th 04 02:33 AM
Cape Hatteras Lighthouse Cam Simple Simon ASA 4 September 18th 03 05:16 PM
Awesome photos of Cape Horn (from on top) and the Beagle Channel William K. Spence, Ph.D. ASA 10 August 16th 03 01:11 AM