Bobsprit

Default A Great Day

Well, to those of you with year-round sailing weather, this won't mean
much...but it was near 60's degrees in NY today and we started to get Alien
prepped for the Spring. I've given Suzanne a "get out of boatwork free-card"
since she is now pregnant!
My friends and I re-checked the sails and test started the engine, replaced a
jury rigged wiring harness for the stereo and VHF....we spotted a sloop
enjoying the day! Spring is nearly here!

Robert B
C&C 32-Alien
City Island, NY
Bobsprit

Congratulations Bubbles.
The pregnancy confirms that you are indeed nutz :-)

Yes indeed. She's due in September. Reading all I can on babies/kids and boats.

RB
katysails

Bob claimed:=20
I've given Suzanne a "get out of boatwork free-card"
since she is now pregnant!

What?!?! Why shouldn't she take care of her own boat just because she's =
pregnant???? I'll buy that she shouldn't be using VC bottom paint or =
other chemical compounds like that, but for the love of Pete, there's =
nothing wrong with Simple Green, a rag, and some hot water. Preganancy =
is a natural condition. Women bore their babies in fields while working =
and then continued on afterwards for centuries. =20
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

DSK

Yeah... and they were barefoot, too

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

JN

It's coming. Wait and see, it's coming!!!! Bobby boy is goint to get .....
A JOB!!!!

Bobsprit

What?!?! Why shouldn't she take care of her own boat just because she's =
pregnant????

Katy, you answered your own question. She should not be around the varnish,
cetol or bottom paint, nor does she need to be breathing in all of the cleaning
chemicals. I have plenty of boat work volunteers and Suzanne is in her final
year of school, while also working at two hospitals and now carrying a baby.

RB
Bobsprit

but for the love of Pete, there's nothing wrong with Simple Green, a rag, and
some hot water.

Sure there is. We generally don't work on the boat one chemical at a time.
While the girls clean up the interior next weekend, I'll be stripping the
pedestal with solvents. Your advice is not well considered, or perhaps you have
a more methodical procedure for boat work than we do.

RB
Bobsprit

It's coming. Wait and see, it's coming!!!! Bobby boy is goint to get .....
A JOB!!!!

I currently work 3 jobs and this week I'll be meeting with my partners to
discuss a deal to open a West Indian take-out restaurant. In addition to this I
have about another year or so before my book is completed. And yes, it's on
sailing...and YES it will be published.
My little ebay-boat gear venture has done 4K in just two weeks, though this is
a barter deal. I'm paying for everything boat-related in this manner, including
a new dodger and even next winter's storage. It really worked out nicely.
Suzanne works just as hard, being a full time nursing student, doing an
internship and also working as a CCP in her "spare" time.

RB
Jeff Morris

Congrats. Make sure your air conditioning is working - we had ours in August
and Claudia was running the A/C while it was still snowing!

And remember, although common wisdom is that baby's first words are when they're
about a year old, if you listen carefully, you'll hear them say about 5 seconds
after birth, "buy me a house! in the suburbs!"

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Well, to those of you with year-round sailing weather, this won't mean
much...but it was near 60's degrees in NY today and we started to get Alien
prepped for the Spring. I've given Suzanne a "get out of boatwork free-card"
since she is now pregnant!
My friends and I re-checked the sails and test started the engine, replaced a
jury rigged wiring harness for the stereo and VHF....we spotted a sloop
enjoying the day! Spring is nearly here!

Robert B
C&C 32-Alien
City Island, NY

Bobsprit

Congrats. Make sure your air conditioning is working - we had ours in August
and Claudia was running the A/C while it was still snowing!

Alien has no central air. I still have one more of those cruisair portables.
Anyway, this season won't be much a of factor. The baby won't sail until the
following season and that should be on the bigger C&C which does have built in
AC. Adding the dodger and integrated awning this season was mainly for
Suzanne's comfort, but I'm sure it'll be nice for everyone.

RB

December Great Lakes Cruiser [email protected] ASA 5 December 14th 03 02:21 AM
GRETTIR'S SAGA (continued) Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 10:12 PM
Great weekend Paul General 3 September 16th 03 08:30 PM
September Great Lakes Cruiser [email protected] Power Boat Racing 0 August 29th 03 04:38 PM
Jack Stoerrle Fund Benefits from Great Lakes Racer's Generosity APBA Offshore, LLC Power Boat Racing 1 July 21st 03 12:49 AM