Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Peter Wiley

Default Peter Wiley

In article , OzOne wrote:

Pete, what do you know about the Oz Maritime College?
My son is looking at the possibility of doing a Nav Archtect degree
and Coxswains or something while there.

Don't know a lot personally but one of my staff did his degree there,
another one is ex-AMC staff. What I hear it's not too bad a place. Some
of the deck officers on our ship are AMC grads and they're ok too.
Launceston's not a bad place to be either.

IIRC there's a 2 week full time cox course on in the middle of this
year. I'm thinking of maybe 4 of us going & doing it.

If your son's serious I can probably dig up some people for him to talk
to. Drop me a line off-list at my work addy once you know if he wants
to pursue it. The hotmail one gets so full of spam so fast that the odd
genuine message never makes it.

Long as he realises the number of jobs in that field are damn limited.

PDW

OT--Great headlines everywhere NOYB General 26 December 4th 03 12:43 PM
Where are you Peter Pan? Tinkerbell ASA 3 September 4th 03 10:10 AM
ping: Peter Wiley Scout ASA 22 August 20th 03 12:47 AM
Cedar bucket is full of Bertie Scout ASA 62 August 13th 03 02:36 AM
Peter J. Ross: A fine addition to the Spooge/Dowap siamese twin. Peter J Ross ASA 5 August 10th 03 12:49 AM