DSK

Default Hey Scotty!

I listened to a little of this game on the radio while driving back from
the boat. The announcers kept wanting to talk about some stupid primary
election instead. It sounded like things were going well

When I go home there was still abou 1:30 left and I was sure State was
going to fall apart.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas..._boxscore.html

The only thing better would be if I'd finished up with the fuel system
instead of just getting some of the major components installed. Lots of
fiddlin' details... but I know what I'm going to talk about tomorrow at
work!

Fresh Baskets
Doug King

Scott Vernon

I didn't see it, but heard the score on the radio, thought about you when I
heard it. Today my escort was a grad from Duke, boy did we get into it.

I haven't even seen my boat for 2 months, been busy working.

Scotty

"DSK" wrote in message
I listened to a little of this game on the radio while driving back from
the boat. The announcers kept wanting to talk about some stupid primary
election instead. It sounded like things were going well

When I go home there was still abou 1:30 left and I was sure State was
going to fall apart.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/bas.../2004/02/15/86
07_boxscore.html

The only thing better would be if I'd finished up with the fuel system
instead of just getting some of the major components installed. Lots of
fiddlin' details... but I know what I'm going to talk about tomorrow at
work!

Fresh Baskets
Doug King

DSK

Scott Vernon wrote:

I didn't see it, but heard the score on the radio, thought about you when I
heard it. Today my escort was a grad from Duke, boy did we get into it.

Duke has slid in the rankings, but they're still a lock for the NCAA. It's
almost as if games like this don't matter for them... as long as it doesn't
happen to often!

Meanwhile, Coach Sendek has job security for a few more years

I haven't even seen my boat for 2 months, been busy working.

You remember what it looks like, right? We just got more dadgum snow... I have
been working on the heating system, waiting for a welder, and a hole for the
exhaust cut in the cabin top But I have confidence it will all come
together.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

Scott Vernon

The ex Dukey said they're #3 now. (he used to play soccer for them). As
long as they get to 'the big dance' it will be fine.

Yeah, I've got a 12 x 17'' picture of her over my desk. It's in the 40s this
week and no snow, feels great. Thinking about a new genny for this season.

Scotty

"DSK" wrote in message
Scott Vernon wrote:

[...]

Thom Stewart

Scott,

I'd like to suggest a "KAPPA CUT" by Hild
I've had one on my Furler for over 5 yrs and its like new. It is
Regulator and is just about Bullet Proof. It's rated 10 to 40 wind
strenght. It isn't the grestest light air sail but I brought a 170
drifter that I can set free flying and the combination covers my
cruising needs

When I set the 150 genny out with the spinnaker pole and the Drifter out
the opposite side with the whisker pole and the Lazy sheets thru a
cunningham hook at the foot of the mast as downhauls I can get some
amassing speed downwind. Especially when cracked off to the wind with
the Genny to wind ward.

Had a good visit with Schooner Trash this week-end. I'm looking forward
to seeing his new boat with the furler and the staysail up front. I
think he said he was going with a 120 furler and staysail

I have never been that great trimming a cutter rig but I hope to learn
something on his boat.

My sails may be a little small for his boat but we can try a lot of
combination between the two boat

Michael

Was a great visit and I was introduced to oyster submarines! My version of
taking the new boat up to Thom is learning from him on running loose foot
mains. Between the two of us we should get sorted out nicely.

M.

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
[...]

SAIL LOCO

I'd like to suggest a "KAPPA CUT" by Hild

I looked at a Kappa cut when I was looking for a new main. Even talked to the
guys at the Annapolis Show. Main thing I didn't like was their pricing. Your
really buying a sail mail order but they want local big loft full service
prices. They don't measure, they don't go sailing, they can't come out if
there is a problem or it doesn't fit.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
Thom Stewart

Loco,

When I replaced the main I went with "North" I believe a Kappa Cut for
the main is getting a little to heavy for the light air we have in the
NW.

We do have a great range of air, so the 10-40 regulator on the furler
does cover a greater wind range than anything around. Since it lived on
the fore stay i doesn't require man handling.

In light air, the North main and the light Drifter does the job. The 170
drifter is easy to handle and set flying on three points. When I ordered
the Drifter I had them send me 8 section of tape hanks 10" long which I
stitched to satisfy the No Flying Sails in the Cruising Class
(9 attachment required) With the halyard head I'm legal That is the way
I race it but any other times it flys free.

A double reef main and the Kappa Cut Furler rolled partially up gives me
a very wide wind range

That was why I suggested it to Scot I know he does a lot of single
handed sailing and has a pretty long commute

Loco, I haven't any change in shape or size yet, but as a Said it isn't
a light air head sail. I don't want to give the impression that it
doesn't work in lighter air. It does. I use it all the way down to 2 kts
and it draws and holds its shape but it isn't really up to snuff.

Ole Thom

Thom Stewart

Since I'm here in the NW and any dealing with Hild is a mail order
business I've accepted that.

Since I'm a transplanted LI sailer, there is a spot for Hild in my life.
As Herb use to say; "Anything that keeps me, my family and friends off
the Pointy end is a good thing!"

Thom Stewart

Hit the damn send button!!
Sorry!

Anyway, I like Herbs Philosphy. It works well for me.

I have work with both the City Island Loft and the Conn. Loft and so far
no complaints. The Old man ain't around anymore but they seem to be on
the ball

Scotty, Oh Scotty... Bobsprit ASA 0 January 26th 04 12:54 PM
28' Scotty Craft Mark Davis General 7 November 6th 03 04:03 AM
28' Scotty Craft Mark Davis Boat Building 1 November 4th 03 07:12 PM
You know your Scotty when........ Joe Butcher ASA 4 September 16th 03 12:43 AM
Scotty BUSTED!!!! CANDChelp ASA 6 July 31st 03 03:16 PM