Capt.American

Default John Kerry & the Bitch

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
He has the right to protest, but he doesn't have right to hang
out with whomever he wants... now that's quite a statement.

I did not think the war in Vietnam was fought correctly.
But I respect the people that had to fight.

I would never support anyone that aided the enemy. Hanoi Janes
actions was a big moral booster to the VC. Which killed American.
THATS A FACT.

Kerry sided with Jane for political gains and said screwed the troops!

Capt. American

The likes of you would always vote for Bush and his kind. You
have no obligation to do otherwise, and I'm proud to say that
I'm nothing like you.

I did not vote for Bush last time. I voted for Nader. But Im now
proud of what Bush has accomplished. He let the world know that
America will not stand by and let the axis of evil triumph. He let the
world know who is running the show.

"Capt.American" wrote in message
om...
If anyone had the right to protest the war in Vietnam it was Kerry.

He did his part and earned the right to say what ever he wanted to
about the war. The man has my respect. And he was a boat man, that
gives him even more
respect from me.

However I can not understand why he would hang out with that bitch
that had no say, put American lives in danger, runied the moral of the
troops and provided aid to comfort to the enemey. I just wish my buddy
took her out when he had the chance. He had her lined up in the sights
of a Ma duce. When I saw her sitting on that commie anti aircraft gun
I was boiling mad!

You liberals may think that picture will not carry much weight, but
it will.

If Kerry publicly says he is ashamed to be in the same picture with
that bitch
I will vote for him in November. If he does not, I will vote for Bush.

Wanting to stop a war that our leaders would not properly fight was
ok. But to provide comfort and aid to the enemy is treason and
un-American. Jane should of been shot.

His actions after his service to our great country may sink his boat.

Capt. American

Jeff Morris

"Capt.American" wrote in message
om...
Kerry sided with Jane for political gains and said screwed the troops!

On what do you base this? That he attended the same rally as her, 2 years
before she went to Hanoi? You're going to have to do a lot better than that.

The Count

Jeff Morris wrote:

"Capt.American" wrote in message
om...
Kerry sided with Jane for political gains and said screwed the troops!

On what do you base this? That he attended the same rally as her, 2 years
before she went to Hanoi? You're going to have to do a lot better than that.

Try Kerry's testimony before Congress. It's public record.
SAIL LOCO

The most amusing part about the Bush military issue is that he failed
to show up for his physical.

You don't know this. Everything I have seen or read up intill LAST NIGHT
states they are still looking for the records.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"
SAIL LOCO

Kerry just publically told his people to get off it.

Yea, sure just like he said he didn't bring up Bush's record. Is he in charge
of his campaign or what?
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Michael

What do you mean 'if we still had the draft?' The Selective Service System
is alive, well and ready to be used when needed. All 18 and older males are
still required to register for universal conscription. When cannon fodder
is needed . . . . .re-activating the system is but a computer push button
away.

However, and speaking as a 20 year retiree from the combat arms, I don't
believe in it. Having professional soldiers is much more efficient and the
job gets done a lot better, especially if the politicos don't interefere
beyond giving the order and setting the broad parameters.

I will go along with R. Heinlein and put it this way. If a society is worth
saving enough will come forward. If enough do not come forward it follows
without question the society was not worth saving.

The truest measure of the worth or value of any system is it's ability to
defend itself without military slavery (the draft, Selective Service, or
Universal Conscription by it's true name.)

But then I also believe with Mr. Heinlein that full citizenship should only
belong to those who have come forward and put the good of the whole ahead of
themselves as individuals and further that no one coming forward voluntarily
should be denied some form of service, be it combat arms or hospital orderly
in lower Manhatten.

Citizenship should be more than a mere geographical accident of birth.

Now to real get the blood going....as long as women are denied by the
constitution the right, duty, and privilege of being drafted they will
always be second class citizens and barred from full participation.

For those of you who read the book instead of watching the stupid movie you
already know the rest of this great philosophy.

M.

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:15:11 GMT, felton said:

I wonder how the American sentiment would view this war and our
elected leadership if we still had a draft and it *might* affect all
the young folks, instead of the few?

Actually, I have it on pretty good authority that our present mix of

active
duty troops and national guard is the result of a deliberate policy change
made for that very purpose after appraising the loss of support for the
Vietnam war. The problem was an undue concentration of lower income and
black soldiers among the draftees, with the middle and upper class whites
wangling deferments. (Remember that Howard Dean had such a back problem he
had to spend the war years skiing in Vermont.) The determination was made
that substantial numbers of the guard should be involved in any future war
in order to bring involvement to Main Street.

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

felton

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:09:54 -0800, "Michael"
wrote:

What do you mean 'if we still had the draft?' The Selective Service System
is alive, well and ready to be used when needed. All 18 and older males are
still required to register for universal conscription. When cannon fodder
is needed . . . . .re-activating the system is but a computer push button
away.

When was the last time someone was drafted? We have registration for
Selective Service, but I don't view that as a draft. Do you?

My point was that I believe that the attitude of many Americans would
shift if they believed their family members might end up in one of
these military adventures. Currently, the only way anyone is going to
be put at risk is if they sign up for it. That was not true in the
60s. If your ping pong ball bubbled up to the top in the draft
lottery, then you might well be on the bus to basic training. I
believe the professional, volunteer services we have now are far
better, but I am concerned that it may leave the vast majority of
Americans detatched from the very real losses and risks of war because
it is happening to "somebody else."

Jonathan Ganz

Well, let's do the numbers... 600 per year X 10 years (according to the
long term commitment Rummy's been talking about = 6000 American
Soldier deaths + 3 x 6000 injured = 18,000 people dead or injured,
18,000 x 3 (people in each family) = 54,000 American lives screwed
up + x number of Iraq civilians + x number of foreign troop casualties.

Not a great number.

"felton" wrote in message
On 11 Feb 2004 05:01:37 GMT, (SAIL LOCO) wrote:

It is more than a bit amusing that the right wind whackos have chosen
to make Viet Nam an issue,.

Try to keep up with current events Bub. Kerry's people started this

thing.
Funny thing is however Kerry's handelers arn't talking about what Kerry

did
after he got out.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Yes, it was the Democratic Party Chairman who seems to have started
that "deserter" business. That whole issue does seem like a waste of
time and energy. I well remember the days of the draft lottery, and I
don't remember anyone hoping for a low number I was referring to
this goofy Kerry/Jane Fonda balloon that Rush is floating. The only
real connection I can see to the Viet Nam days is that I question the
thinking that has gotten us involved in Iraq. The good news is that I
don't think we will be there for 10 years at a cost of over 50,000
Americans, but for me, 600 is too many if we didn't have a justifiable
reason to go. Not to mention the huge expenditure of our tax dollars.