Joe

Default No visual Lookouts

On this craft we move at 20-30 knots most of the time.

In areas with Fog, high winds, storms, monster seas, icebergs, shipping lanes,
harbors,and open oceans.

Yet rarely we care to have a *visual lookout.(*according to Donal)
We are at sea 90+ days at a time.
With a large crew.

What kind of craft can safely do this feat of physic magic.

Are they breaking the Col Regs with no visual lookouts on the bow in fog?

Good for 3 ASA points.

Joe
MSV RedCloud
Donal

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
On this craft we move at 20-30 knots most of the time.

In areas with Fog, high winds, storms, monster seas, icebergs, shipping

lanes,
harbors,and open oceans.

You have icebergs??? Don't be silly. Rednecks don't encounter icebergs!

Yet rarely we care to have a *visual lookout.(*according to Donal)
We are at sea 90+ days at a time.

Twaddle! You don't go to sea for more than a few hours at a time.

With a large crew.

Bobsprit?

What kind of craft can safely do this feat of physic magic.

It's not magic. You are placing your trust in "luck". When you kill
somebody, you will claim that he had "no business being there".

regards

Donal

Michael

This would be a good time to re-read Rule Five. One thing you will note is
there does not exist any requirement for visual (Mk I Eyeball or Mk I Mod 2
(eyeglasses, binoculars etc.) vision 360 degrees 24/7.

If you read the rule carefully you will see having no bow lookout (or any
other particular kind of lookout) is of and by itself not a violation. Nor
is it a minimum nor maximum criteria under those conditions.

But as to the original question I'll vote with Scott for the sub.

Michael

"Joe" wrote in message
om...
On this craft we move at 20-30 knots most of the time.

In areas with Fog, high winds, storms, monster seas, icebergs, shipping

lanes,
harbors,and open oceans.

Yet rarely we care to have a *visual lookout.(*according to Donal)
We are at sea 90+ days at a time.
With a large crew.

What kind of craft can safely do this feat of physic magic.

Are they breaking the Col Regs with no visual lookouts on the bow in fog?

Good for 3 ASA points.

Joe
MSV RedCloud

Jeff Morris

"Michael" wrote in message ...
This would be a good time to re-read Rule Five. One thing you will note is
there does not exist any requirement for visual (Mk I Eyeball or Mk I Mod 2
(eyeglasses, binoculars etc.) vision 360 degrees 24/7.

"at all times maintain a proper look-out by sight and hearing" would seem to
cover 24/7 eyeball. Certainly nothing says 360 degrees. As I've said, courts
have had a lot to say about the meaning of "proper," including saying that "no
lookout" is proper in some cases.

And I'll go with the sub, also. But what about a lightship?

Wally

Jeff Morris wrote:

And I'll go with the sub, also. But what about a lightship?

I would say that a lightship is inconsistent with "On this craft we move at
20-30 knots most of the time." - don't lightships spend most of their time
not moving?

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

katysails

Jeff stated: I keep looking for a question for which lightships are
the answer, but it never quite works.

OK, here's your chance: Where is the only light ship in the Great Lakes =
found?

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Michael

What ship spends it's entire voyage going nowhere safely?

"